Unformatted history

When I open my history file, it is displayed totally unformatted. Like a code in xml language. How can I see it in a pretty format like MSN one? Thanks in advance.

Vagner

To view the history of any conversation with an individual user open a chat window by double clicking that user’s ID, then click the history button on that window.

mtstravel wrote:

To view the history of any conversation with an individual user open a chat window by double clicking that user’s ID, then click the history button on that window.

That’s correct. But it would be problematic to read transcript logs with user which is already deleted from the server. Also, really big logs could cause Spark to hang. And there is no search feature in Spark for history currently.

Niguma wrote:

Like a code in xml language

Spark logs are in xml format. So you need some xml parser (to find or to write yourself) to make those logs readable. I dont know of any such program for Spark logs.

I’ve found that importing the xml into Excel 2007 will give you a very easily formattable table.

I do wish the ‘Archiving’ tab on the OpenFire server had the option to generate these xmls.

Hope that helps.

Hi,

So you need some xml parser (to find or to write yourself) to make those logs readable. I dont know of any such program for Spark logs.

as an attentive reader of the forum you should know at least Glitch in viewing conversation history?. (;

LG

PS: Attached chatlog.xsl here as it is broken in the original post. One does still need to insert “<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="chatlog.xsl" ?>” at the beginning of an xml log file and use a browser to display it.
chatlog.xsl (608 Bytes)