Update 4.0.1 internal server error and groupchats

Hi,

since the update from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 i cant create rooms and reconnect to rooms.

I also can’t create new rooms!

The error is(german version):

Fehler beim Erstellen des Raumes. Es sind keine ausreichenden Privilegien vorhanden um neue Räume anzulegen.

Log “Information”:

2016.01.31 16:49:47 org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession[Create outgoing session for: xxxx.at to wohnzimmer] - Unable to create new session: Cannot create a plain socket connection with any applicable remote host.

Log “Error”:

2016.01.31 17:15:40 org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler - Interner Serverfehler

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.reucon.openfire.plugin.archive.xep.AbstractXepSupport$1.handleIQ(AbstractXe pSupport.java:35)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.IQHandler.process(IQHandler.java:66)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:372)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:115)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:342)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:99)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:307)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:199)

*at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:181) *

Hope someone can help me,

TIA!

Bert

You are trying this from the Admin Console? Do the names of the conference services listed look right?

Hi,

yes, trying from admin console. I have news, every client can enter a confernce only if invited. This problem exists on our prefered client-apps, “conversations” and “freelab” - “xabber”" and “spark” dont have problems.

But the main problem is that i can not create new rooms, the error ist

“Fehler beim Erstellen des Raumes. Es sind keine ausreichenden Privilegien vorhanden um neue Räume anzulegen.”

Translatet: “Error creating the room. There are no sufficient privileges available to create new rooms”

Privilegs from who?

Any idea?

TIA

I have this same issue. Just updated to 4.0 and then 4.0.1 this weekend and now no client can connect to our chat rooms.

Just an update, my issue has been fixed and was because of an incorrect setup after the upgrade. Instead of the setup putting the MUC domain as domain.tld it was server.domain.tld which was causing the issues.

Oh, ok thanks for the update. Can you explane that to me in an other way? Where ist the MUC entry located? TIA!

Check your system properties (Server -> System Properties) for xmpp.domain. It should be your domain, not your server’s FQDN. xmpp.muc.service should set to the MUC’s configured subdomain, usually conference...

If they aren’t set that way you can try changing them in system properties or re-running the setup script.

hi Bismark,

thank you very much! the domain was named correct, also the service was roomname@conference.domain.tld - i dindt find the xmpp.muc.service - in dont use the mux service plugin because its outdatet. i use the standard groupchat settings from the userinterface.

any idea if there are other settings or should i manually create the xmpp.muc.service entry?