Updated look for the website

Hey all,

We’‘ve deployed an updated look and feel for the site. This was the "let’‘s see what we can get done in two days" effort. I’'m fairly happy how it turned out, though.

A major priority over the next couple of months is an all new website. The focus will be on more community resources as well as deeper content. Over the coming weeks, we’'ll definitely be sharing our ideas and early mockups for feedback.

Regards,

Matt

Hi Matt,

may I translate deeper content into wiki?

LG

Looks nice! Deeper content would be nice, especially if it flattens the learning curve for potential developers.

I like it. The colors are definitely a lot more subtle which a lot of people will like. I did notice that email watches are now coming from forums@jivesoftware.com instead of webmaster@jivesoftware.com. I’‘m not sure if that was intentional or not, but I probably wouldn’‘t have noticed it if the change hadn’'t “broken” my mail filter.

ryang wrote:

I did notice that email watches are now coming from forums@jive instead of webmaster@jive. I’‘m not sure if that was intentional or not, but I probably wouldn’‘t have noticed it if the change hadn’'t “broken” my mail filter.

That’‘s my bad – sorry about that. In the future they will stay as coming from forums@jive because we’‘re going to enable another new feature soon: email replies to watch messages. We’'ll let you know when this working.

Cheers,

–Bill

Sweet! Ive been waiting for that feature.

Very Clean, Like the new look.

Jeff

(cut and paste from my post in a nother thread earlier):

Matt,

The new site design is cool, but the new forum posting screen IS HORRIBLE!!! IT’'S JUMPING ALL OVER THE PLACE WHILE I TYPE AND I AM ABOUT TO HAVE A SEIZURE TRYING TO LOOK AT IT!! WHAT IS GOING ON?! I am using MSIE 6.0.

Seriously, with every single character I type, the scroll bar on the right in my message edit window disappears and reappears, causing the whole screen to jump twice, as the line wraps all change position because of the brief increase in window width when the scroll bar disappears. I am having to stare at my keyboard to type instead of looking at the screen, because it’'s giving me a headache and I think I might puke. Please fix this ASAP!

I have not noticed this before today. Last time I posted on Jive forums was July 5.

-Josh

Josh,

We feel your pain I’‘ve actually been working on that issue today trying to isolate the cause. I know it’‘s related to the inline spell checker but beyond that I’'ve yet to isolate it. We actually have a backup spell checker that works as a popup that I think we may turn on for a while until we fix the issues that have been uncovered with the inline spell checker.

Thanks for the feedback,

Bruce Ritchie

Good to know I’'m not alone.

I guess if I keep all my paragraphs no longer than one line I’'ll be okay!

Hi,

I guess if I keep all my paragraphs no longer than one line I’'ll be okay! Or you use a simple editor like notepad to write the response and use then the famous copy and paste technique to post it here.

LG

I just discovered a forum bug, I think. I was trying to upload an avatar and I used a PNG image. Apart from the fact that the forums software doesn’'t accept PNGs (and I think it should), it threw me a pretty ugly exception trace. A friendly little error message would have been better.

Manuzhai wrote:

I just discovered a forum bug, I think. I was trying to upload an avatar and I used a PNG image. Apart from the fact that the forums software doesn’'t accept PNGs (and I think it should), it threw me a pretty ugly exception trace. A friendly little error message would have been better.

Thanks, we’'ll check that out.

Cheers,

–Bill

parseljc wrote:

Good to know I’'m not alone.

I guess if I keep all my paragraphs no longer than one line I’'ll be okay!

You fixed it! Awesome!

You know, I just realized. I miss the path that used to be at the top of the message or thread list you are at. Now instead of being able to click on the link to skip back to the main forums page, I have to use the return to thread button, or click on community again…

Jeff

Sorry about that guys, the links will be back shortly!

Thanks,

–Bill

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=20708&tstart=0

We added the ability to upload a PNG avatar as well as display a friendly error message if something goes wrong. Be sure to let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks,

Nick