Updated sources for webchat - works with 3.7.0

Look at the top few lines in the patch file to see which files it needs to be applied to. IIRC, it can be applied via the top-level plugin directory via patch -p0

Hello,

Can you please tell me where do i change the fastpath’s webchat port from 9090 to 7070 on source code ? I am new to java and could not find it by my self …

Thanks for your attention,

Andre

Hi!

how did you build the webchat source to a .war file? please help…

Isaac,

thanks for your excellent contribution…I truly thought webchat.war 4.0.2 would solve my problems but it does not. Am I correct in assuming that if I get a 404 error on URL: http://myserver.com:9090/webchat/ that the installation of fastpath webchat was not successful, even though it is listed as installed plugin in the Adom Console?

If that is true, how would I go about ‘extracting’ or ‘installing’ fastpath webchat for the directory webchat to be created, I haven’t got access to the server, it is a shared server? What would the file structure be? e.g. c:/openfire/webchat/ ?

Your help will truly be appreciated

Thx

Peter

Peter Nagel wrote:

I haven’t got access to the server, it is a shared server?
What do you mean you don’t have access? If you don’t have write permission on that server, then maybe that’s the cause why webchat is not installing as it has to write files into openfire dir. Are you able to install other plugins?

Thanks for the response,

yes…all other plugins install fine and work as well…what I mean by access is that I do not have direct access to the root install (it is a shared hosting, which implies that I have limited access to the server itself)

According to the Admin Console, Fastpath Webchat is installed successfully, but the 404 error suggets that there is no such directory?

Hi All,

Great that I found this post from Issac. Great effort by him and all there behind openfire.

Have checked out the revision **13045 **from the openfire trunk and tried to build the same.

Applied the patch as given above. It is definitely helpful but found that

+import org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletContextHandler;

may not be required. It compiles well without that.

However, the webchat.war is of a larger size 3.1 MB than what is posted herein (2.1 MB) and there are 2 of them as detailed herein.

Also encountered ClassCastExceptions with regard to *Settings classes of smack and smackx which we worked around by replacing the META-INF/smack.providers as posted herein.

After deployment we are facing the same problem as faced by a few others while trying to route the chat from the client to the agent.

We are ready to put in the long-term effort of maintaining the webchat plugin to start with if we can get the right initiation.

Thanks for all the great work put in by all here.

Intelliant wrote:

We are ready to put in the long-term effort of maintaining the webchat plugin to start with if we can get the right initiation.

Great to hear. What do you mean by initiation? If you are talking about community support or Jira/SVN access, then i think you will get it for usre after a few good patches If you are waiting for Issac or someone else to answer you questions, then… could be tough. Probably you will have to make a decision by yourself.

Thanks wroot for your prompt response.

Nopes, not waiting for anyone’s response but it is definitely good to get some answers as is convenient with no obligations . Will not stop digging around anyways for our own answers.

We are well aware of the FLOSS dynamics, so looking forward to have some fun and make a mark here as well.

Cheers.

Thanks for the info

Honestly, I’m neither a diehard Java guy nor a Fastpath guy, so I might not have put together perfect code. My goal was just to try to see what was different in the new Jetty being bundled with OpenFire and get the old (perfectly working) code to compile against the new Jetty, so there might be extra lines, stupid lines, or other fluff.

Webchat needs a new mommy or daddy, and given the fact that I generally have had no use for OpenFire since shortly after submitting the patch, I’m not the prime candidate now (or oughtn’t be, at least)

Thanks Issac for the confirmation as we were just a bit unsure whether to keep or remove the code. Also the versioning to 4.0.2 is your own baby, right?

A glance at the source of the patch suggests so, yes…

Hi.

The posted webchat.war (http://community.igniterealtime.org/servlet/JiveServlet/download/210794-10686/we bchat.war) also works with openfire3.7.1-1.

Maybe they should update the web site…

Best regards,

Freddy

Hi.

I will configure **webchat.war **present over here .But get the error msg .Thing is that I get some javascript error in my error console.

HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /webchat. Reason:

Service Unavailable