Upgrade Failed

Attempted an upgrade to current version and system will not start with the following

2011.04.13 05:57:04 Prototype

java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@e99432c7[file =D:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.lang.Exception: java.io.IOException: The process cannot access the file because another process has locked a portion of the file : D:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.sweep(Prototyper.java:102)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.PrototyperThread.run(PrototyperThread.java:44)

Followed by

2011.04.13 05:57:10 Database could not be accessed

java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries.

One other thread mentioned this was caused “by the user accoount” but never gave specifics. Anyone have an idea on where I can look to fix this?

Make sure you don’t have to Openfire processes running (maybe previous version was installed as a service).

I shutdown the service … I’m wondering if I set that to manual then shut it down and re-started the server … then tried the install again? Do you think that might help?

One thread mentioned a problem like this caused by a bad id / pw between DB & Openfire … I don’t know the system well enuf to know where to look for that tho …

I think you better uninstall the service and then install it again with the new version, though i’m not sure if service code has been changed in the latest version.