Upgrade from 1.2.3a to 1.2.4 gives a sql problem

After upgrading to openfire 3.6.0, then to IM Gateway 1.2.4 (from 1.2.3a) I’m getting this error every now and again … any idea why?

2008.08.27 14:39:43 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender.append(Log4JToO penfireAppender.java:49)] com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘openfire.gatewayPseudoRoster’ doesn’t exist

I followed the upgrade instructions exactly, uploaded the jar, restarted the plugin … all worked fine, just the above log messages.

Try restarting Openfire as a whole. The gateway plugin doesn’t usually successfully update without a restart. It sounds like 1.2.3a is “still running”

Nope … right away after a cold restart…

==> error.log <==
2008.08.27 16:17:29 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender.append(Log4JToO penfireAppender.java:49)] com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘openfire.gatewayPseudoRoster’ doesn’t exist

mysql> select * from ofVersion;
±---------±--------+
| name | version |
±---------±--------+
| openfire | 20 |
| gateway | 10 |
±---------±--------+
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Looks like it ran the upgrade SQL, but I don’t see anything pertaining to that table in the latest update sql.

./8/gateway_mysql.sql:RENAME TABLE gatewayPseudoRoster TO ofGatewayPseudoRoster;

Looks like a bug to me, the table name changed.

Try this:

1. shut down openfire

2. delete the gateway.jar and gateway directory entirely under your openfire install plugins directory

3. copy a fresh version of gateway.jar into place

4. start openfire

typically that’s what fixes this. (there’s no references to that old table name in the code)

Ok… here is what I did…

2008.08.27 16:51:31 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.util.Log4JToOpenfireAppender.append(Log4JToO penfireAppender.java:49)] com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table ‘openfire.gatewayPseudoRoster’ doesn’t exist

I have no clue what I’m doing wrong here

Ug, what the crap? Grep failed me, yes, definitely a bug in the plugin. Hold on, will fix. Gonna be putting out a 1.2.4a soon I think.

I just posted 1.2.4a =) try that?

100% thanks for the fast response man, much appreciated!