Upgrade Java Memory on Windows Server 2003

Hi admin

Can you tell me how to upgrade java mem on my Win2003 server? I’'ve already created the wildfired.vmoptions text file in the /bin with the lines

-Xms512m

-Xmx1024m

Here is my system environment:

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06

JVM_SETTINGS = “-Xms512m -Xmx1024m”

With that setting, java mem should be 512Mb. But, when I launch the application again, it seems that nothing has changed. I just have allocated just 64Mb.

Can you Help me, please?

Hi,

are you using the Wildfire service or the normal Wildfire.exe?

Did you create a .vmoptions file or a .txt file? Using notepad one will likely create a .txt file.

LG

Hi LG,

Thanks for replying.

I’'m very sure that files is .vmoptions. It placed on C:\Program Files\wildfire\bin

I '‘ve tried run Wildfire on service or with it executeable file. Both ways didn’'t change default Java Mem.

LG,

I’'ve make a little changes on vmoptions files. I rename it to wildfired.exe.vmoptions. It was wildfire.vmoptions, and it contains command

-Xms512m (was without )

-Xmx1024m (was without )

and when I execute wildfire.exe,…Buzz!!!, that Java Mem increase til 1024Mb. It feel more faster than before

Btw, thx alot LG.

LG,

I’'ve make a little changes on vmoptions files. I rename it to wildfired.exe.vmoptions. It was wildfire.vmoptions, and it contains command

-Xms512m (was without )

-Xmx1024m (was without )

and when I execute wildfire.exe,…Buzz!!!, that Java Mem increase til 1024Mb. It feel more faster than before

Btw, thx alot LG.

LG,

-Xms512m (was without )

-Xmx1024m (was without )

Btw, thx alot LG.