Upgrade Problem!

Hello!!!

I have an upgrade problem… I’ve just upgraded OpenFire from v3.3.2 to 3.5.1 and I can’t login as an Admin…

Help please!!!

Thanx a lot!!!

Hi @ndres,

Are you able to see the Openfire log files located inside of the log/ folder? See if the tail of those files has any interesting information…

daryl

Hello Daryl…

Thanx for your help…

I see nothing unusual in those log files… Before the upgrade (happily) I did a whole backup of the OpenFire directory…

Hey guys: ¿Is there a way to import users & groups into a new clean installation?

Thanx a lot!!!

Hi,

there’s the import/export plugin which you could use.

Do you have still one user which can login using your IM client? If you have one you can add it to openfire.xml as an admin and restart Openfire. That should be more easy.

LG

I can’t login as admin… I don’t know what to do… I’ve just upgraded the damn installation from 3.3.2 to 3.5.1 and now no one can log in!!!

Hi,

so you may want to sue the “User Import Export” plugin. Anyhow I think that something went wrong during update.

Are you using LDAP/AD or an external database for authentication?

LG

Hello…

I’m using MySQL as engine… No LDAP or AD, etc…

All the user information is stored inside MySQL…

Thanx a lot for your help!!!

Well, as long as the jiveUser wasn’t changed in the new schema, you should technically be able to copy the data from one database to the other one, basically, this can be done by exporting the data from jiveUser in the old database to jiveUser in the new database (it may work, worth a try at least if nothing else is working for you).