Upgraded 2.4.2 Clients forced off from Content Filter

Whenever a Content Filter violation occurs the client is logged off.

2006.01.13 22:27:01 Connect Socket[addr=/***.***.144.127,port=2279,localport=5222]

2006.01.13 22:27:04 Content filter: intercepted packet:

2006.01.13 22:27:04 Content filter: content matched? false

2006.01.13 22:27:14 Content filter: intercepted packet:

2006.01.13 22:27:14 Content filter: content matched? true

2006.01.13 22:27:14 Content filter: sending violation notification

2006.01.13 22:27:14 Content filter: include original msg? true

2006.01.13 22:27:14 Content filter: sending IM notification

2006.01.13 22:27:14 Content filter: sending email notification

2006.01.13 22:27:14 Logging off admin@.rr.com/spark on org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.SocketConnection@d8978c socket: Socket[addr=/..144.127,port=2279,localport=5222] session: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.ClientSession@a84b47 status: 3 address: admin@****.rr.com/spark id: c6b219ff presence:

Message was edited by:

ItsNewToYou

I have tested this scenario when the email settings are invalid and it never caused this behaviour.

There must be a corresponding error log that will indicate what is causing this behaviour, can you post here please.

Note, the content filter itself does not force a session shutdown so it must happen while trying to send an email.

Please post error log here for review,

Thanks,

Conor.

Conor,

There was nothing in the error log either on the client or the server. The cut I gave was from the debug log and that is the only one that has anything in it. I did turn off the email notifications and it stopped shutting down the client. I am wondering if it has something to do with my other post here http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=17406&tstart=0 since it has something to do with the emailing of something. I don’'t know why it would shut down the client though, I have tried it in gaim, spark, pandion, and exodus all with the same results.

ItsNewToYou

Conor,

I should clarify that I cleared the error log then duplicated the problem and nothing showed up in the empty log other than the Debug Log entry that I posted earlier.

ItsNewToYou

ItsNewToYou.

I replicated the behaviour you are seeing by removing the activation jar from my classpath. When the content filter tried to send an email notification, the client was disconnected!.

How did you install Wildfire, can you confirm that activation.jar is in the Wildfire lib dir and is not corrupted

I will post a minor fix on this thread for the content filter so it won’'t be affected by things like that, however, you installation is not correct.

Conor.

Message was edited by:

Conor

Minor fix made, please note that the real issue is with your Wildfire setup, so you won’'t see any emails happening until you get that sorted. However, I think its a good think that the content filter itself tries to avoid being the cause of operation problems so I have extended the catch to Throwable.

Will post to plugins page asap.

Conor.

I did a fresh install on another server and still getting the same issues. So unless it is coming corrupt from the Wildfire servers then it shouldn’'t be on my end. I just disabled email notifications until it is figured out.

ItsNewToYou

A new version of the plugin filter is available for download on plugins page. The client disconnect is fixed!

Conor.

Fixed with the new download of the activation file. I had to download it from the Java website to get it to work.

ItsNewToYou