We use Spark and Openfire at the office … and currently our server is still running 4.2.4 on a really old version of Mint.
I thought it was high time to ugprade, so I’m doing some testing. I’ve downloaded and installed the Ubuntu, have openfire installed, and it seems to be working.
Now … on the old openfire server I simply dumped the DB to a .sql file, moved it over to our mysql server, imported it, and when running the setup for Openfire linked it. It all works, users and everything show up!
However, history and archive are not … and I think I figured out why. On the old server (which, I did not configure and build and install), the xmpp.domain is set to 127.0.0.1. The server hostname is set to “localhost”. Again, let me reiterate that I DID NOT setup this server, but I need to fix it.
I can, with the monitoring plugin search the archive for "firstname.lastname@example.org" and it will show the history, so I know the data is in the DB and it’s all working. I can also go to the xmpp.domain setting and change it from the hostname (srv-spark01) to 127.0.0.1 and it work, but then nothing else does etc.
I assume, and it’s a big assumption, that I need to go through the db and anything that says email@example.com change it to be username@srv-spark01 … or, when we do move into production with the new server, whatever name we call it.