Upgrading from wildfire 3.1.1

Hi,

I was running a really old wildfire installation and decided to upgrade it now. First I upgraded to wildfire 3.2.0 then to openfire 3.3.0. Thats where I am know. Everything seems to work. But when I try to upgrade to 3.4.0 or 3.4.4 I can start the Server, but I cannot login anymore.

I get 3 exceptions:

2008.02.07 18:29:03 org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:251)

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: Duplicate entry ‘robert’ for key 1

2008.02.07 18:29:04 org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.MUCPersistenceManager.loadRoomsFromDB(MUCPersi stenceManager.java:570)

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column ‘roomPassword’ in ‘field list’

2008.02.07 18:31:09 org.jivesoftware.database.SchemaManager.checkSchema(SchemaManager.java:251)

com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column ‘domain’ in ‘jiveRemoteServerConf’

Have I missed some step somewhere?

Regards,

Gerhard

Some field names in the database schema have changed and some tables were added. If Openfire didn’t correct these (it does come with scripts for MySQL and others), you have to do it by hand. Take the scripts (in resources/database of the OpenFire directory) to compare your database.