URGENT -- Wildfire Server updated - 2.6.0 - can''t logon anymore

plse help someone,

I just upgraded from 2.5.1 to 2.6.0 on a windows 2003 install

( sql2000 database )

now I can’'t logon to the admin console and none of my Spark clients can logon.

The first time it said that the database had failed to be upgraded and to upgrade manually.

Then when the service was restarted it said the database had upgraded successfully.

Hi Matthew,

Can you login to the Admin Console using “admin” (without the quotes) for both the username and password? If so, do you see any errors on the Logs page?

If you’'re not able to log into the Admin Console, you can still see the logs which are stored in the \logs directory.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hi,

I also can not login any more after updating (hot-deployment of wildfire.war (build form source) in Tomcat). I don’‘t need help to fix this issue quick as this is not a production system. I’'m using the embedded database and get this error:

2006.04.07 22:04:33 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubPersistenceManager.loadDefaultConfigura tion(PubSubPersistenceManager.java:950)

]

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement

LG

Hi LG,

I just downloaded the source and it appears the database upgrade scripts aren’‘t included for some reason. To fix your installation you’‘ll want to download a binary build of Wildfire (or check the source out from subversion) and follow Gato’‘s insturctions that he posted url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?threadID=19116here[/url], except you’‘ll want to copy the entire database\upgrade directory to your \resources directory; the directory structure will look like \resources\database\upgrade when you’'re done.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Message was edited by: ryang - clarified the directory structure.

Thx Ryan,

I deleted the embedded-db directory to make Wifi install a brand new database. This seems to be much faster and probably also better for a test server. Anyhow a test on how-to update a production server is still required but I will wait for 2.6.1 or 2.6.2 to test this.

LG

I couldn’'t logon using admin/admin.

In the end , I uninstalled 2.6 and reinstalled previous version.

Only problem was I lost my groups and had to recreate them.

I am now testing a 2.6 install in a test environment.

I notice however there are issues with the database setup script.

(refer my other post with script errors.)

I will try and run the update script manually against my existing v2.5 database

and see if any errors are generated.

rgrds,

Matthew.

LG,

Sounds good. You might want to try out 2.6.0a which was released on Friday (April 7th) which resolves some of the database releasted issues.

Regards,

Ryan

Hey Ryan

i meet same problem with Matthew . and i upgrade my WF 2.4>2.6(April 7th),everthing is manual update database from 2.5 to 2.6,but i can’'t login to WF2.6 when i restart server .if who successful do it? a main error is ‘‘No ComponentManager’’:

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 354) Error loading plugin

java.lang.NullPointerException: No ComponentManager implementation available.

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer.initModules(XMPPServer.java:483) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.util.StringTokenizer.(StringTokenizer.java:204)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.pubsub.PubSubPersistenceManager.decodeJIDs(PubSubPers istenceManager.java:1204)

org.jivesoftware.wildfire.XMPPServer$1.run(XMPPServer.java:345)

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at java.util.HashMap$HashIterator.nextEntry(HashMap.java:787)

at java.util.HashMap$ValueIterator.next(HashMap.java:817)

-Tom

Hi Matthew,

I will try and run the update script manually against

my existing v2.5 database

and see if any errors are generated.

Ok - sounds good.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi Guys,

Unfortunately, there were a few issues that slipped through with the 2.6.0 release. You might want to wait until the release of the 2.6.1, which should be sometime today, before updating.

Regards,

Ryan

Hi LG

Just a quick update, Gato just informed me that the nightly builds will now include the database upgrade scripts, again.

Enjoy,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I just informed him that the source builds still contain the db version 7 version and no update scripts. I prefer .war files and so it was very hard for me to create a usable one.

But Oracle and Embedded DB are now running fine.

LG