Usage of fallback DC with SSO

Hi guys,

I have configured my Openfire server for working with SSO and this works (most of the time )

Since we have a duplicated DC I was wondering if it is possible to give this as an fallback server for the case the first is not reachable?

Has anyone tried this before? What has to be changed in Openfire(on w2k3) and Spark(XP and Vista)

Thanks in advance,

Maddi

If you are using AD you can point to your domain instead of a specific domain controller. This will make it so that your openfire server will use whatever authentication server is available.

Well, I thik the only place I have written the FQDN of the main Dc is in the krb5.ini which looks now like

[realms]

DOMAIN.NET ={

kdc = server1.domain.net
admin_server = server1.domain.net
default_domain = DOMAIN.NET

}

So if I understood you right, I have to change it this way

[realms]

DOMAIN.NET ={

kdc = domain.net
admin_server = domain.net
default_domain = DOMAIN.NET

}

Did I get this right?

It was too early in the morning when I posted my first post. I was thinking LDAP not SSO. I have never tried this with the SSO config. In theory it may work there as well. In windows you can navigate to the \domain.com\netlogon and the users are per domain and authentication is by domain not by server.

Well, i can reach \domain.net\netlogon so I think in fact this may already work.

Since I cannot simply switch of the main DC I can not test the results immediatly, but I will report as soon as we have a planned reboot or something.

Kind regards,

Maddi