User add themselves to group?

I have a user who wants to be able to add herself to the group she is a member of. The reason is that she wants to be able to see her own presence on the group list. She says it helps her see what her status is better than looking at the top of the Spark client.

I am not sure if this is a Spark issue or an Openfire issue. But I guess my question is: Can users alter group structures?

But I guess my question is: Can users alter group structures?

No, not directly. All changes (*) never affect your roster stored on the server. Everything you do will only done on client side, so most changes are reseted immediately or with your next reconnect to the server.

(*) An exception are nicknames. You can change the nickname of a shared group user.

add herself to the group she is a member of.

I don’t think this is possible a normal way. Maybe you could write a bot, which reflects your own presence. Just a component that sends presence packets back to sender. But be careful to handle subscriptions correctly, see source of my Helga-Bot for an example. Add this component to the group, so everyone can see his/her own presence.

Coolcat