User always appears offline

We are using Openfire 3.6.3 on Windows 2003. I have at least 2 users that always appear offline no matter what their status setting is on their Spark client. We have tried a couple different versions of Spark including 2.6.0 and 2.6.0 beta 2. They have also logged on to other users PC where it is working fine, so it is most likely not a client problem. We do ldap authentication against our 2003 Active Directory. I have tried removing this user from every group with the exception of Domain Users and the one Departmental Group with no luck. Not sure what else to look into.

I just re-read my post and wanted to clarify the following, “They have also logged on to other users’ PCs where it is working fine”. I meant it is working fine for the other users, it is not working for these problem users on any PC.

oddest thing! we just had this happen to one of our users too. Never seen it before. All other users seem fine. This user can authenticate to the server from many devices/clients, but same result, always presence = offline. We are stumped. We’re about to delete & recreate this one account. Any one seen this before?

We had some luck simply changing the person’s password. Close client entirely. Launch client. Go from there. Still dont know what happened. Might work for others. FYI.

I have seen this several times within our setup. I cannot narrow down why it happens, but the fix for us has been to unshare the group and then reshare it. In our setup, all groups are auto-populated in everyone’s client and all groups can see each other. Disabling group sharing for whatever group the person is in and then resharing it corrects it for us.

I’m having the same issue here, however nothing was resolved when i recycled my list.