User directory via HTTP? SOAP?

Hello,

I have made a real simple web application for our intranet which details what Jabber is, why’‘s good, etc. It’‘s the place where users register their accounts, since by our internal policy we decided not to allow users the registration via the client (I’'m using the User Service HTTP plugin). So far everything is working fine.

Now, I’'d like to provide a user directory. I guess I could do that by directly reading from the database, but I thought that maybe there should be another way, maybe a web service or something like that. FWIW, the application is server-side Java.

Thanks a lot,

Carlos.

Hi Carlos,

do you want to offer the information one can find using the xmpp search service (usernamenameemail) or the vCard information? vCard may be really tricky right now as Wildfire is not able to extract the information in database columns for searches etc. It should be a good idea to use Wildfires database cache and connection pool instead a direct database access.

LG

do you want to offer the information one can find using the xmpp search service (usernamenameemail)…

Yes, exactly that: username and name. Email I will just ignore.

It should be a good idea to use Wildfires database cache and connection pool…

How?