User Display Name

Our user’s display names are showing up in a variety of different formats in Spark. Here are some examples; Doe, John, doej, and doej@openfire. We’d like them to just be Doe, John.

We are on Openfire 3.7.0 and Spark 2.6.3. We use shared groups.

I heard there is a way to tweak the openfire.xml to fix this. I have provided mine below. What can I do to get the names formatted in the manner I prefer?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 9090 9091 en org.jivesoftware.database.DefaultConnectionProvider net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://********/OPENFIRE;appName=jive ****** ****** select 1 true true 5 25 1.0 true

If you use shared groups, it should showthe value of field “Name” for every user. So check if every user has this value filled like “Doe, John”.

Thanks. I think the problem was some users were told to add names manually before we setup shared groups. Newer users brought on after we set up shared groups don’t have this issue. I think we’ll just have to tell the older users to manually change the names.

Ah, so their names are taken from thei VCard information. I think they can just delete their custom names and then you can put names via Admin Console for them.

If you think your question is answered, please mark it as Answered. Thanks.