User goes offline with xmpp

Hello,

I am working with xmpp client for a japper connection. When I try to connect to my jabber account, I get connected, but goes offline after few minutes, say 10 mints. I changed the ‘Idele connection settings’ in ‘server to server conections’ to ‘Never close idle connections’.

But it fails. But, I used a gmail account for connecting with the same xmpp script, and it works well for hours. The issue comes only when we use jabber accounts created by open fire. Can anyone help me on this to resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Webcubes

Greetings,

The timeout for your client connection to the Openfire server is not controlled by the Server2Server timeout settings. You may wish to set the system property xmpp.client.idle to -1 to prevent openfire from timing out client connections.

Which client are you using?

daryl

Hello,

I am trying to login to jabber with a PHP script using XMPP Protocol. Can you please let me know how to set the system property xmpp.client.idle to -1.

I am fairly new to openfire.

Thanks in advanse.

Webcubes

Hi,

On the administrative console of Openfire, go to the “Server” tab, then to “Server Manager” then to “System Properties”. On the bottom of that page type in the Property name of xmpp.client.idle and the value of -1.

daryl