User is not able to log in

Hello, i have a new problem with the openfire server. I have a user and it have problems when he want to connect to msn protocol. Well, he can connect to spark client and to msn protocol, but a little while later we get the next error in the server logs:

2007.08.02 12:37:43 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

2007.08.02 12:37:43 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:37:45 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:37:45 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:37:46 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:37:46 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:40:28 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManage r.java:921)

2007.08.02 12:43:23 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManage r.java:921)

2007.08.02 12:46:52 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:46:53 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:47:10 org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNSession.logIn(MSNSession.java :114) MSN user is not able to log in: renetts@hotmail.com

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: OFFLINE

at net.sf.jml.impl.MsnOwnerImpl.setInitStatus(MsnOwnerImpl.java:64)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNSession.logIn(MSNSession.jav a:104)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.TransportSession.sessionDisconnected(Transpor tSession.java:446)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNListener.exceptionCaught(MSN Listener.java:304)

at net.sf.jml.impl.AbstractMessenger.fireExceptionCaught(AbstractMessenger.java:15 1)

at net.sf.jml.protocol.MsnSession$1.exceptionCaught(MsnSession.java:137)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$1.doRun(AbstractSession.java:264)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$DispatchObject.run(AbstractSession.java:395)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleDispatcher.dispatch(SimpleDispatcher.java:35)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatch(AbstractSession.java:249)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatchException(AbstractSession.java:258)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onReadable(ChannelSession.java:218)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onEvent(ChannelSession.java:134)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SocketSession.onEvent(SocketSession.java:119)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.processKey(SimpleEventGenerator.java:212 )

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:192)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.access$000(SimpleEventGenerator.java:54)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator$1.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:115)

The worst thing is that the server crashed and then i need to kill the process and start the server again. Can somebody help me please?

Not to point out the obvious, but it looks like the machine ran out of memory. What version are you running? You might be running one with a leak in it. There are some known leaks in some versions of Openfire itself as well. The user not being able to log in was most likely due to running out of memory.

I have the openfire 3.3.1 and the computer that run the server have 1 GB of memory. I think tha´s good, but i don´t understand why have this error that sound like a memory error like you said.

more importantly perhaps, what version of the gateway are you running? The most recent version (1.1.0 Beta 6) has some fixes for memory leaks so you could start there.

i had the gateway 1.0.1 and i install the version 1.1.1 beta 6 and i can´t connect to msn protocol

The amount of memory on your machine, unfortunately, doesn’‘t mean anything unless you tell Openfire to use it. I unfortunately don’‘t remember off the top of my head but you have to pass the JVM a parameter like -Xmx512 or something like that to set it to 512 megs. That said, it’‘s not likely that it’'s strictly a problem with not enough memory and more likely a leak of some sort.

Are you talking to me in another thread about not being able to connect to MSN?

ok, i want to probe extend my memory in my compilation with that instruction … But, i have a doubt , i installed the openfire in linux with a rpm program … I didn´t compile the source code… How can i do?

And the other hand, i think is very rare the conflict is caused by only one user. I really don´t know what to do. Please, help me

ok, i installed the gateway version 1.1.0 Beta 6, and i got an error when i try to connect to msn protocol. The contact list don´t up.

So, i installed the version 1.0.2 and it work, but with the same problem. I have an error with an user when he try to connect to msn, he can connect to it but sometimes he trash the server.

ponder Not a lot has changed with JML’'s login mechanism. I did make one change that made it behave more like what gaim/pidgin does. Just to be sure, you can connect from gaim/pidgin, right? (to msn)

What error did you get?

i’'m connect with spark client. I get the next error:

2007.08.02 12:40:28 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManage r.java:921)

2007.08.02 12:43:23 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManage r.java:921)

2007.08.02 12:46:52 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:46:53 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:109)

2007.08.02 12:47:10 org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNSession.logIn(MSNSession.java :114) MSN user is not able to log in: renetts@hotmail.com

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: OFFLINE

at net.sf.jml.impl.MsnOwnerImpl.setInitStatus(MsnOwnerImpl.java:64)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNSession.logIn(MSNSession.jav a:104)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.TransportSession.sessionDisconnected(Transpor tSession.java:446)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.gateway.protocols.msn.MSNListener.exceptionCaught(MSN Listener.java:304)

at net.sf.jml.impl.AbstractMessenger.fireExceptionCaught(AbstractMessenger.java:15 1)

at net.sf.jml.protocol.MsnSession$1.exceptionCaught(MsnSession.java:137)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$1.doRun(AbstractSession.java:264)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession$DispatchObject.run(AbstractSession.java:395)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleDispatcher.dispatch(SimpleDispatcher.java:35)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatch(AbstractSession.java:249)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.AbstractSession.dispatchException(AbstractSession.java:258)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onReadable(ChannelSession.java:218)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.ChannelSession.onEvent(ChannelSession.java:134)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SocketSession.onEvent(SocketSession.java:119)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.processKey(SimpleEventGenerator.java:212 )

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:192)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator.access$000(SimpleEventGenerator.java:54)

at net.sf.cindy.impl.SimpleEventGenerator$1.run(SimpleEventGenerator.java:115)

Oh so the client didn’'t get any error?

Ignoring the crazy memory errors, I’‘m noticing that it’‘s trying to set your initial presence to offline when you are connecting online. This person doesn’'t happen to be trying to connect “invisible” are they?

i think i have to review the given error, so i’‘m going to ask to my user what error he got. I think, he don’‘t try to connect with a OFFLINE Presence but i’'m going to check this too.

You’'re so attentive for your help.