Username Displayed in Spark

Hi All,

Not sure if this is a spark or openfire question. We need to change our LDAP logins from first.last format to employee numbers. Too many duplicate users happening these days. In spark for some reason new users show up with logins rather than Display Names and I cant figure out how to change it.
My login from the past 10 years shows up properly but a new one I created a couple of days ago just shows up as the employee number on the roster.

Is this a openfire LDAP change or a Spark edit?

Searching I see alot of people asking this but never a real answer.

Openfire 4.5.2 and Spark 2.8.0

Does it have something to do with an incorrect vcard. I don’t think it has ever been changed but below is what we have right now.

<![CDATA[ {displayName} {mail} {displayName} {homePostalAddress} {homeZip} {co} {streetAddress} {l} {st} {postalCode} {co} {homePhone} {mobile} {telephoneNumber} {mobile} {facsimileTelephoneNumber} {pager} {title} {department} ]]>

Changing the LDAP mapping for the Openfire username on a system that has already been used is not something that I expect to lead to any kind of stable end-result. The reason for this is that the Openfire database (and possibly other bits of data) will use references to the old user names that will not be updated when you change that mapping.

Your best bet here is to move to a new mapping that will result in the same username value for existing users, but new / unique values for new users that you add.

Hi,

We are not changing all current usernames from first.last format but all new employees will be. I got it to show up proper names in everything now but the roster lists now.