Users and groups in hierarchy

First forgiveness for my English, the use google

Question:

As organize user hierarchies, as a flow chart of a company

Really hard to understand Do you want to use “nesting”? This is when one group is a part of other group, hierarchy. This is more a client side feature. So it depends on what client you use. Exodus client uses “/” sign to create nested groups. Spark is using " :: " sign (space, colon, colon, space).

So when you create group in Openfire, in display name you should name it accordingly.

If you want to have such picture in roster:

- main group
----- nested group (part of main group)
other group

you should create group “main” (actual name of group doesnt matter, display names are creating visual hierarchy)

and set its display name as “main group”. Then you create group “nested” and set its display name as “main group/nested group”. So in Exodus nested group will be displayed as a part of main group. Though this is only visually, those groups are still simple groups.

in Spark case, display name for group “nested” would be “main group :: nested group”. But nesting in Spark is broken and has bugs, and i dont think this will be fixed soon.

What I want to do is for example:

The owner of the company can communicate with all

Each director with the owner, with the other directors and employees of their industry. Unable to employees of other sector.

Employees alone with the director or other employees in the same sector.

Ok. So you can use this plugin http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/docs/DOC-1050 to forbid certain users or groups to see (presence) or chat (message) with each other.

Ok. What investigare.

Thanks for everything

Greetings from Argentina

Hello, I’m trying to nestead my office groups, but is not working, I already try this:

Main group::1

Main group::2

Main group

Main group::

Main group

Main group :: 1

Main group :: 2

Main group

Main group/1

Main group/2

And is not working, only show 2 groups called 1 and 2 and not nested (see attached image), I’m using spark 2.5.6 and Openfire 3.3.0 under Win2k3 and MSSQL

How can I make this work?

Thanks.

garsan wrote:

Main group

Main group :: 1

Main group :: 2

This should work. Though you will see 2 Main groups in your roster. One would be empty, and other would be with nested 1 and 2. Here:

This was done by creating groups:

first (display name: main group :: first)

two (display name: main group :: two)

You dont have to create main group. It will be created virtually in your roster. But Spark nesting is still broken. It is showing that useless “There are no online contacts in this group.” And you can’t create nested group to a real existing group. It would create fake main group instead. I have decribed all of this here, and there is a JIRA ticket open:

In exodus you can have such nesting:

ALL Users is a real group. And you can create a nested group for that real group as well as for virtual main groups.

Ok, is working now, I don’t set the display name and this is why is not working, if I put someting on display name works fine.

Thanks.