Users are always "on the phone"

Some time some of my users get stuck in “on the phone” state and I need to restart Asterisk-IM or even Wildfire to return them back to normal state. This happens after the following message in error.log:

2006.07.06 21:23:46[org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskEventHandler.handleHangupEvent (AsteriskEventHandler.java:191)]

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)

at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.PresenceLayerer.restorePresence(PresenceLayerer.java:162 )

at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.restorePresence(PhonePlugin.java:240)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskEventHandler.handleHangupEvent(Asterisk EventHandler.java:148)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskEventHandler.handleEvent(AsteriskEventH andler.java:46)

at net.sf.asterisk.manager.DefaultManagerConnection.dispatchEvent(DefaultManagerCo nnection.java:979)

at net.sf.asterisk.manager.impl.ManagerReaderImpl.run(ManagerReaderImpl.java:236)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

+2006.07.06 21:23:46 org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskEventHandler.handleHangupEvent(AsteriskE ventHandler.java:191) +

java.util.ConcurrentModificationException

at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)

at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.PresenceLayerer.restorePresence(PresenceLayerer.java:162 )

at org.jivesoftware.phone.PhonePlugin.restorePresence(PhonePlugin.java:240)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskEventHandler.handleHangupEvent(Asterisk EventHandler.java:148)

at org.jivesoftware.phone.asterisk.AsteriskEventHandler.handleEvent(AsteriskEventH andler.java:46)

at net.sf.asterisk.manager.DefaultManagerConnection.dispatchEvent(DefaultManagerCo nnection.java:979)

at net.sf.asterisk.manager.impl.ManagerReaderImpl.run(ManagerReaderImpl.java:236)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I have Wildfire 3.0.0 and Asterisk-IM 1.1.1 installed. The Asterisk version 1.2.5.

Could someone help ?

I have the same problem!

I have this problem too. It is intermittent, and I’‘ve not narrowed it down to a specific cause yet (such as whether the caller or recipient hangs up first). Should I be adding any parameters to Asterisk’'s extensions.conf to pass other parameters either on dial or on hang up which could solve this?

Thanks

Tom

Has anyone gotten an answer to this issues yet? Or is it going to be a fix in the next version?

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/message.jspa?messageID=126416

Well I don’‘t think things have been completely fixed on the new version, since most people are complaining about the blank page. I’'m still running Wildfire 3.0.0 till everything is fixed.

I’'ve still got the darned “always on the phone” problem.

What I did so far:

• dowloaded and installed the patched version of the plugin (yes, I did delete the directory, restarted and all that)

• made sure that all usernames are lower-case.

What I can see:

• users change status to “on the phone” when they are called or call out

• users never change their status back

Something interesting I found:

When I am online with two clients at one time for the same user (say, Spark and Pandeon), I can see two separate entries for this user (two “resources” in jabber lingo). Both of those resources go to the “on the phone” status, but only one of them comes back on hangup. If I have only one resource online, the hangup is never correctly handled.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Joerg Henne