Users become offline

Let me just Bump…

Isn’t there any developer responsible for Openfire’s development?

Openfire is an open source product, nobody earns money with this. Support is done by users who are helping each other. Everyone is doing this in his free time. Also there are too many threads in this community that everyone of the staff could read everything. However, if you get no answer here within a few days, most probably nobody knows the answer.

@your problem:

You should start by removing all plugins. If the error does no longer occur, install the plugins again one by one. It’s possible this is caused by some special combination of plugins.

Coolcat wrote:

Openfire is an open source product, nobody earns money with this. Support is done by users who are helping each other. Everyone is doing this in his free time. Also there are too many threads in this community that everyone of the staff could read everything. However, if you get no answer here within a few days, most probably nobody knows the answer.

I’m aware of that, mas most (or all?) open-source projects have someone who’s responsible for the project. It’s not just the user contribution…

I’ll try to remove all plugins and see who it goes, I think this is the only thing I haven’t done yet…

Removing all plugins haven’t solve this issue.

I found another thing today: a person here in the office is using Gtalk (a lot and you know, it’s not suposed to); is it possible that once Gtalk and Openfire are using the same port (5222) that something is interfering and disconnect all of us on this office and due to the number of disconnections, Openfire disconnects all other users?

Just thinking.

The problem with Gtalk will be solved soon (I just want to have the xmpp server ready and all other IMs will be blocked) but in the meanwhile…

Problem Solved.

It was one of the dumbest and latest things I could think.

I used to had a script that cleared the cache because on the begginig I couldn’t find a way to every user had all the necessary contacts on their contact list (shared groups wasn’t an option because we have several levels of users). Well, it appears that that script was still running whenever someone changed a user information and it was also cleaning the “Sessions by Hostname”.

I feel kind of dumb to have forgot to erase this.

Anyway, thanks everyone for your help

Hello. I think, I have same problem… Users become offline, but in sessions they still online…

Can you help to solve this problem?