Users cannot see other users

I just installed Jive Messenger on my server that does a few other things other than “Jive”, this is also the DHCP server, Internet connection server, and hosts a couple of “shared” network drives.

I have tried four different clients, Pandio, Exodus, Gush, and one other one that I don’'t remember the name of. All four did the same thing, user is able to login, their login shows up under SESSIONS in the Admin window on the server, but no one is getting other users requests to accept them in their roster even though I can see data going across the network.

I set all the clients to automatically accept another user’‘s request to add them to their roster but no one is still able to see anyone else, and if I send a “broadcast” text message from the Admin window it pops up on everyone’'s desktops (Hi, Hello, Test, etc.).

The three PCs with Clients on them are able to surf just fine via the Internet connection and can access the shared folders that are on the PC that Jive Messenger is running on. I have also disabled the firewalls that the PCs were running.

Please help!!

http://www.jivesoftware.org/community/thread.jspa?messageID=105154&#105154

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply…

The problem I had was I was using “username@the IP address of the server” instead of “username@DNS name of the server”, long-story-short the two win9x boxes on the network quite often have to go by IP address to get to things on the server, I won’'t bore you with the gory details (it is something that will be resolved when they are upgraded to Win2k).

Thanks again!!

you’'re wellcome

The problem I had was I was using "username@the IP

address of the server" instead of "username@DNS name

of the server", long-story-short the two win9x boxes

on the network quite often have to go by IP address

to get to things on the server, I won’'t bore you with

the gory details (it is something that will be

resolved when they are upgraded to Win2k).

Strange. In most times IP way should be working better than servername. Well, maybe this does have something with win9x system.