Users do not receive messages

Hi!

I installed Jive Messenger on a computer in my network (with MySQL DB).

I created couple of test accounts, logged in with Gaim from 2 computers (of course, different usernames).

My problem is: when I send a message to another username, that username does not receive the message. It also shows the user is “not authorised” near the username, in the buddy list.

What can I do? Anyone has any idea why this is happening?

Thanks a lot!!

Hi crapufish!

I just installed jive messenger and i have the same problem and i have a lot of error in the log :

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerDi alback.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:113)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.RoutingTableImpl.getRoute(RoutingTableImpl.java: 92)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.handle(IQRouter.java:148)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:73)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:65)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processIQ(SocketReader.java:258)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.ClientSocketReader.processIQ(ClientSocketReader. java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:230)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thanks !

do you use Shared groups?

euh no, what is shared group ?

i have new log from debug:

2005.08.25 12:15:44 OS - Trying to connect to username:5269

2005.08.25 12:15:44 Error connecting to the remote server: username(DNS lookup: ledood)

java.net.UnknownHostException: username

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.(Unknown Source)

at javax.net.DefaultSocketFactory.createSocket(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.ServerDialback.createOutgoingSession(ServerDi alback.java:130)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.server.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:113)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.RoutingTableImpl.getRoute(RoutingTableImpl.java: 92)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.spi.RoutingTableImpl.getBestRoute(RoutingTableImpl.j ava:224)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.MessageRouter.route(MessageRouter.java:80)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.PacketRouter.route(PacketRouter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.processMessage(SocketReader.java:34 3)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.ClientSocketReader.processMessage(ClientSocketRe ader.java:55)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.readStream(SocketReader.java:182)

at org.jivesoftware.messenger.net.SocketReader.run(SocketReader.java:111)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

euh no, what is shared group ?

this is one of the killer features of JM Well, i’‘ve never used JM without shared groups so i’‘m not sure about your problems. But you can try adding these two users in the same group (in Admin Console) and enable sharing of contacts. So you’'ll be able to see other contact in your roster without adding it manually and maybe your problem with messaging will be solved too. No guarantee though

oh yeah ! thanks a lot it works!

Marked

I wasn’'t using Shared Groups

Hey guys,

From the error logs my guess is that you are also a victim of the same common problem I just mentioned in this other url=http://www.jivesoftware.org/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=15587thread[/url]. When adding contacts to your contact list make sure that they are of the form where hostname matches your server’‘s hostname. A user account cannot be find by only passing the username. BTW, if hostname does not match you server hostname then it will be assumed that the contact’'s account resides in a remote server so a server-2-server communication will be attempted.

Regards,

– Gato

Nope, i’'ve double checked, this is not the problem

give as an example of JIDS you are putting in. Thats mine:

machine’'s name with JM installed: jiveserver

machine’'s IP with JM installed: 192.168.12.41

so if other machine has jiveserver in its hosts file defined i can then add JID in client like this:

wroot@jiveserver

But if this machine doesnt “know” about jiveserver (no entry in host or in DNS server) i can do like this:

wroot@192.168.12.41

IP way should work.

So. What is your JM server’'s machine name and IP address? Is it listed in DNS, hosts, etc. Be more specific about your configuration.

Hi woot!

I went on the IP way. My machine is not listed anywere (DNS, host etc.).

My IP machine with JM: 192.168.0.41

An user within the network will connect to 192.168.0.41 (his username is: user@192.168.0.41).

JM is running on Windows XP for now and, if this will work, we will move it on a Windows 2003 server machine.

Should I give you more information about the JM and the machine where it is installed? Let me know.

Thanks

so what happens when you try to add user like this (user@192.168.0.41) in your clients? Btw, what clients are you using?

Well, you can check if firewall is not blocking something as well.

Hi wroot!

Here is what i have:

i have 2 users connected from 2 different machines (without a firewall) with Gaim. The JM server is running on a third machine (without a firewall as well). All machines have Windows XP and the firewall is disabled.

My users are: user1@192.168.0.41 and user2@192.168.0.41 and the server machine is running on 192.168.0.41.

user1@192.168.0.41 adds user2@192.168.0.41 on his buddy list and user2 does the same. Both users sees eachother offline and a message below the username: Not Authorized. No matter what I do (someone wrote here about groups, i tried that as well), user1 cannot see user2 online and, more tragically he cannot receive users2’'s messages (the same is available for user2 sending messages to user1 … user1 never receive a message)

Thanks!

so i dont see any obvious reason. You should post your error.log here and maybe some of developers will have a clue.