Users not mapping in 3.6.1 setup

I had version 3.5.2 on a dev server a few months ago and had successfully implemented openfire, MySQL, and Spark 2.5.8. I had zero issues. That dev server is now gone, and I am installing everything on a new server running the same OS (Windows Server 2003 R2).

I am now going through the LDAP setup in openfire, and I am using the same connection settings, user mappings, and group mappings and it just cannot find my users within my ou. Why not? Nothing I try works. Help!

You need to provide more specifics than that. What is your BaseDN structure? What is your AD LDAP OU structure for users? etc.

OK. Our domain is ewns.drs.master, our users are not in the Users container, they are in an OU called springfield and an OU within springfield called admin.

So, Port is 389 and my Base DN is: ou=springfield;dc=ewns,dc=drs,dc=master

and my Administrator DN is: cn=Administrator,cn=users,dc=ewns,dc=drs,dc=master

This is exactly how I had it before and it worked like a champ (and nothing has changed in AD since). You click Test Settings and it is a success and continue to the User Mapping page. This is where I use all defaults but I cannot remember if I made any changes here on the prior version. Clicking Test Settings on this page produces the error: “No users were found using the specified configuration. Try changing the base DN, user filter or username field.”

Any advice?

Thanks,

Patrick

can you provide a snapshot of the user mapping screen? expand it as much as possible.

I sure can - here it is:

cid:image004.jpg@01C94B24.B2F55C20

cid:image005.jpg@01C94B24.B2F55C20

I click on Test Settings and get the following error message:

cid:image006.jpg@01C94B24.B2F55C20

That is odd because everything is correct there. Sorry to annoy but please post screenshots of each step. Unless this broke with the latest release there is something truely wrong here.

I see the same thing, but using openldap. I know the base setup is correct. Also, when I go to Users/Groups I get the following:

HTTP ERROR: 500

Illegal JID: _amnecel

RequestURI=/user-summary.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: _amnecel
 at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:396)
 at org.xmpp.packet.JID.(JID.java:231)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider.loadUser(LdapUserProvider.java:71)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.getUser(UserManager.java:213)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserCollection$UserIterator.getNextElement(UserCollection.java:95)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserCollection$UserIterator.hasNext(UserCollection.java:58)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.user_002dsummary_jsp._jspService(user_002dsummary_jsp.java:234)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
 at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
 at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
 at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)
 at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
 at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
 at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
 at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
 at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)
Caused by: org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNAException: Contains non-LDH characters.
 at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:106)
 at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:53)
 at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:367)
 ... 37 more

Caused by:

org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNAException: Contains non-LDH characters.
 at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:106)
 at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:53)
 at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:367)
 at org.xmpp.packet.JID.(JID.java:231)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapUserProvider.loadUser(LdapUserProvider.java:71)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserManager.getUser(UserManager.java:213)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserCollection$UserIterator.getNextElement(UserCollection.java:95)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.UserCollection$UserIterator.hasNext(UserCollection.java:58)
 at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.user_002dsummary_jsp._jspService(user_002dsummary_jsp.java:234)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)
 at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)
 at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)
 at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)
 at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)
 at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)
 at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)
 at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)
 at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)
 at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)