User's Roster missing?

I’ve ran into a problem with user’s rosters disapearing. The first time it happened was right as 3.6.0a came out so I upgraded and restarted the openfire server and everything was ok. Recently I’ve had 2 more users tell me that their eniter roster is gone.

I’m using 3.6.0a connected to AD for user auth and groups. The roster and roster sharing are configured via the admin console.

I have a feeling that I can fix this by restarting the service but I’d like to find a better solution if one’s out there.

Any help would be great!

chris

What about errors log? Also, what is your machine’s specs (OS, CPU, RAM) and what is the size of your userbase (and number of the concurrent connected users)? Maybe this could be a resource problem. Also, what client do your users use?

OS RedHat linux 5.1

VMware ESX guest, 1GB RAM, 2.4Ghz

Server is dedicated to running openfire

About 100 users max at 150. All users are running spark client. most are version 2.5.8

the only error in the log is releated to a group name that had a ‘/’ in it and I changed a while ago to a ‘-’

2008.11.15 15:28:18 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.getGroup(LdapGroupProvider.ja va:91)]
org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupNotFoundException: Groupname Corp Credit/Collections not found
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findGroupDN(LdapManager.java:855)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapManager.findGroupDN(LdapManager.java:782)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.ldap.LdapGroupProvider.getGroup(LdapGroupProvider.jav a:83)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:278)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupManager.getGroup(GroupManager.java:257)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupCollection$UserIterator.getNextElement(Gro upCollection.java:103)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.group.GroupCollection$UserIterator.hasNext(GroupColle ction.java:66)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterManager.getSharedGroups(RosterManager.ja va:162)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.Roster.(Roster.java:105)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.roster.RosterManager.getRoster(RosterManager.java:86)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.broadcastUpdate(Presenc eUpdateHandler.java:282)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:124)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:112)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:176)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:134)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:70)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:76)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.processPresence(StanzaHandler.java: 329)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processPresence(ClientStanzaH andler.java:85)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:253)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:175)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:133)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:570)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.common.IoFilterAdapter.messageReceived(IoFilterAdapter.java:80)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:299)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:53)
at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:648)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:58)
at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:185)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :239)
at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:283)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I just ran the update for 3.6.1 so I’m sure the rosters will be back with the system restart.