Using custom UserProvider from Plugin

Hello!

First, I tried to search any existent custom implementation of user provider, but I couldn’t find anything that makes my code works properly on Openfire 4.2.3. Sorry if it exists somewhere I don’t know.

I coded a class to fetch user information from a CMS called TikiWiki, but OpenFire simply don’t load it. I tried to include the plugin JAR on OpenFire classpath but no success.

If I didn’t understand wrong, OpenFire load UserProvider classes before loading plugins, and because that my class never loads. Is there any other way to make UserProvider from plugin load properly??

The Openfire version I’m running is 4.2.3 and the properties on Openfire panel are

provider.user.className                           org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.HybridUserProvider
hybridUserProvider.primaryProvider.className      org.tiki.tikitoken.TikiTokenUserProvider
hybridUserProvider.secondaryProvider.className    org.jivesoftware.openfire.user.DefaultUserProvider

The class I want to load is https://github.com/fabiomontefuscolo/openfire-tikitoken/blob/tikiuserprovider/src/java/org/tiki/tikitoken/TikiTokenUserProvider.java

Can anyone give a clue on this??

Thanks in advance
Fabio Montefuscolo

Have you already checked/installed the Openfire TikiToken plugin?

Yes, I checked it!

By inspecting on Eclipse debugger, I see UserProvider class loading is done before plugins are loaded. So, when OpenFire tries to load my class, it is not available yet. I tried many workarounds to that, but no lucky.

Also, I didn’t see any other plugin trying to install an UserProvider, so I think I should rephrase the question to: Is possible to have custom user provider in a plugin?

Also, the TikiToken code available on OpenFire code came from my repository on Github. The link I presented on first message is a branch of what we have on OpenFire.

Thank you for your reply!!

There were other guys trying the same. Custom auth provider in a plugin