Using the import/export users plugin

I have a nice new openfire installation (3.6.0) which is connected to my Active Directory and seems to be all workign fine. I need to export my users rosters (from an ejabberd server) and add them to the openfire one.

I found a script (ejdtojive.pl) which takes an ejabberd db dump file and converts it to xml for import. However when I attempt to import this I get an error message “The import file does not match the user schema” the file looks fine but as it’s a big bunch of xml and therefore I can’t be sure there isn’t a problem with it. So I have another openfire server (same version) where I did an export, I then took this file and trying to import this file into my new server also gives me the same error message “The import file does not match the user schema” so as a last test I tried to do an import and export on the same server this also gives me the same error message.

Looking at the user notes I see the following guidance “the import file must conform to the openfire-user-schema.xsd.xml schema file (located in the classes directory of the userImportExport.jar” on my server I do not see a file named openfire-user-schema.xsd.xml however I do see the following:

/opt/openfire/plugins/userimportexport/classes/wildfire-user-schema.xsd.xml

I have tried renaming this file to openfire-user-schema.xsd.xml and trying all the above imports again to no avail.

Can anyone help and give me some pointers on how I can import this data?

Thanks

Brett Carr

Hi Brett,

I had the same problem, if you open up the XML file and look for the following:

username ** ** username user@mydomain.com

Do a search and replace and take out all the referenes to the extra ** **and that should fix it.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Chris

See also http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/message/181470#181470