Hello everyone, I wanted to ask you for help in using the XIFF XMPPBoshConnection class.
I’m trying to use http-bind with ejabberd and I think the XIFF class is incomplete or has little bugs… Let me explain.
First, I noticed that the first XML message sent lacked the “to” field that the protocol specification says it needs. So how can I contact my server without this crucial information ? ^^ So I added this information and then I noticed that my server finally answered me back !
But then ? After this response, the class can do nothing because the server response as only a body node without any child. So in fact, I’m quite stuck and I don’t know what to do.
I need a quick response to evaluate whether I will really be able to use http-bind with XIFF or not. My questions are : do you know if a new version of the class is scheduled and if so, when ? Or maybe you can help me to debug or use this class ? Maybe I miss another crucial information ?
The ‘to’ on the initial packet is optional in BOSH, actually… and empty packets are an expected thing as well. I’m not sure why this isn’t working for you, since I’ve been using it every day. What server are you using?
we are having same problem. we are using ejabberd with xiff library. we had to take out the version attribute from <stream>, that got us started. but still the server just sends back terminate when using xmppsocketconnection with “standard”.
Using the patch posted by dax and the last version (in the trunk svn branch) of XIFF, we finally succeeded in progressing. Now we can connect to our Ejabberd server and login as well. We still face other problems but not XIFF related.
You still have to add a to: and from: parameters in the XMPPBoshConnection.as class to make everything working correctly.
As far as we’re concerned, everything is nearly fine. We succeeded in taking care of policy files and crossdomain issues and the class XMPPBoshConnection is working pretty well…
Well, pretty only cause now, we faced an error that randomly appears… We know that it is sent by the HTTPService error callback method “httpError” and when tracing a bit, we can see it seems to be an error with URLLoader and an Error #2032.
It seems to be a bug from Flash and there seems to have lots of informations on Google but I would like to know if someone in here faced the problem. And it also seems that I never encounter the bug anymore when upgraded to Flash 9.0.124 (whereas there are too many issues with sockets connections).
Everything worked great until we noticed that the registration process fails when using XMPPBoshConnection. I’d not be surprised of another bug or lack of informations in the class but anyway, we can only register new users if using XMPPSocketConnection object. If we don’t and use BOSH, we receive a failure and an error.