Value of ''xmpp.auth.anonymous'' can be modify?

In the Jive Messenger Admin Console, the value of ‘‘xmpp.auth.anonymous’’ is true,can it be modify?if the ansewer is yes, what effect may appear?

Thank you!

this can be modified at Server > Server Settings > Registration & Login

This is about Anonymous Login, and explanation is there too. So “True” value will enable anonymous login on your server.

BTW, confirmation messages are still not shown after changes at this page.

I got xmpp.auth.anonymous yes

but if I try to connect with a user and a pssword without previous registration he told me that the password is wrong. I used gush ans trillain and both told me that I have to enter a passwort

this should be “true” not “yes”, but you shouldnt modify it by hand. There is a menu for configuring Login and Registration options as i pointed above. Go there and turn on Anonymous login.

I dont know what password must be specified for anonymous login. Maybe it should be null?

Hey ceejay,

You should use a client that supports anonymous login. Anonymous login does not mean that you can login with an unknown user/password. The client needs to have built in support for that.

If you want to create a new account while logging in then you have to enable Inband Account Registration in the admin console and indicate the client to create a new account when logging in.

Regards,

– Gato

You should use a client that supports anonymous

login. Anonymous login does not mean that you can

login with an unknown user/password. The client needs

to have built in support for that.

Interesting. Didnt know about that. And which clients support that? How such users are represented in roster? Hm… maybe there should be an opportunity to automaticly add anonymous users to some shared group?