vCard changes from Wildfire 3.2.2 to Openfire 3.3.0?

Hi,

I’'m using the Smack API to automatically update vCard information for users on a web-based communications tool. This works fine with Smack 2.2.1 on Wildfire 3.2.2, but upgrading to Openfire 3.3.0 has introduced a problem. Specifically, the vCard does not seem to be updated properly or updated information is discarded. I build up the vCard in Smack and send the following packet:

<vCard xmlns=’‘vcard-temp’’><FN>John Doe</FN>

<N><FAMILY>Doe</FAMILY>

<GIVEN>John</GIVEN>

</N>

<NICKNAME>John Doe</NICKNAME>

<JABBERID>john_doe@jabber.org</JABBERID>

<FN>John Doe</FN>

<PHOTO><TYPE>image/jpeg</TYPE><BINVAL>R0lGODdhQQBBAOcAAA QNFZSGbHQcH…oaAITGoLAQEAOw==</BINVAL></PHOTO>

<EMAIL><HOME/><INTERNET/><PREF/><USERID>john_doe@gmail.com</USERID>

</EMAIL>

</vCard>

When I manually check the database the correct vCard info is there, but when I request the VCard again using Smack I get a vCard with the avatar photo stripped out:

<vCard xmlns=’‘vcard-temp’’><FN>John Doe</FN>

<N><FAMILY>Doe</FAMILY>

<GIVEN>John</GIVEN>

</N>

<NICKNAME>john</NICKNAME>

<JABBERID>john_doe@jabber.org</JABBERID>

<FN>John Doe</FN>

<EMAIL><HOME/><INTERNET/><PREF/><USERID>john_doe@gmail.com</USERID>

</EMAIL>

</vCard>

Any ideas what’'s happening to my vCard photo in Openfire 3.3.0?

Thanks,

mike

Can you check the Raw Input part of the Smack Debugger to make certain you are or are not receiving the proper packet?

Thanks,

Alex

Is there a trick to getting the Smack Debugger to work in a web app? The code implementing the Smack library is running in Resin on Linux. I’‘ve enabled the debugger but don’'t see the console window come up.

I have confirmed that the column in my Wildfire database (MySQL) has the proper VCard XML (with photo), so I assume it’‘s being sent properly. I manually deleted the entry and re-sent it. I’'m still tracing my steps but the only change between this system and the system where VCard avatars work properly is the version of the XMPP server:

Wildfire 3.2.2 vs. Openfire 3.1.0