powered by Jive Software

Vcard: Company attribute

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong community, but at first glance, I’m suspecting that this is a Spark issue.

I’m setting up Openfire 3.3.2, using LDAP authentication against Active Directory. Everything seems to be working correctly, but I notice that Spark isn’t pulling the “Company” attribute as I’ve defined in the vcard mapping. For the organization attributes, this is what I have defined:

<ORG>

<ORGANIZATION></ORGANIZATION>

<ORGUNIT></ORGUNIT>

</ORG>

All of the other attributes seem to be mapping and are displayed correctly. I’ve turned on debugging for the server and see that Openfire is pulling the company attribute, but Spark isn’t displaying it. Spark is displaying the department attribute, though. Any clues what might be wrong?

Hi,

while I don’t use AD / LDAP I have no idea where the problem could be. But you did already enable some debugging … so could you start Spark and select there “Advanced … Start debugger on startup” to check if Openfire sends the information to the client. If your client does not get this information then it should be an Openfire issue.

Does your “company” attribute contain any special characters like “/üî…”?

LG

Sorry, I guess I never noticed that debugging checkbox. Thanks for pointing that out.

Spark’s Debug Window shows it requesting and receiving an iq packet for a jid’s vcard. All of the defined vcard fields mapped to LDAP (AD) attributes are correctly returned in the response except for the Organization attribute. Turning on IQ message auditing on Openfire 3.3.2 shows that the Organization attribute is returned in the IQ packet response.

So I did a very brief, cursory grep of the source and noticed that for the Organization attribute, in some places it’s getCompany whereas in other places it’s getOrganization. Looks like a relatively simple bug to fix. I hope someone notices this and does a quick bit of clean up.

That’s odd; I have exactly the same setup and the company field works fine.

I’ll check my config when I get to work and post the results.

Could you try this instead?

Here is my modified vcard settiings that work correctly with AD:

<vCard xmlns=“vcard-temp”>

<N>

<N><FAMILY></FAMILY><GIVEN></GIVEN><MIDDLE/></N>

</N>

<EMAIL>

<INTERNET/>

<USERID></USERID>

</EMAIL>

<FN></FN>

<ADR>

<HOME/>

<STREET></STREET>

<PCODE></PCODE>

<CTRY></CTRY>
</ADR> <ADR>
<WORK/> <STREET></STREET> <LOCALITY></LOCALITY> <REGION></REGION> <PCODE></PCODE> <CTRY></CTRY>

</ADR>

<TEL>

<HOME/>

<VOICE/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<HOME/>

<CELL/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>
</TEL> <TEL>
<WORK/> <VOICE/> <NUMBER></NUMBER>
</TEL> <TEL>
<WORK/> <CELL/> <NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<FAX/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TEL>

<WORK/>

<PAGER/>

<NUMBER></NUMBER>

</TEL>

<TITLE></TITLE>

<ORG>

<ORGNAME></ORGNAME>

<ORGUNIT></ORGUNIT>

</ORG>

<URL></URL>

</vCard>]]>

My fault. I swear, I did check XEP-0054 to make sure that I had the attributes named and mapped right. Apparently I got this one wrong.

You’re both right, it’s supposed to be ORGNAME, not ORGANIZATION. It works now. Thanks for your help.