Video Conversation using Flex Builder 3 and red5

Hi,we are students doing a major project on a touch screen device which can implement conference with another user(within the school). We had not been touch in these area and are confuse on the use of the red5 server and flex.

Here are the doubts:

1.We would like what are the requirements and software which are needed to build it. For example do we just need the red5 server and flex builder 3 to build it or do we need more software such as Java, Elicpse.

1. Next, how do you create a softphone in flex? Do we need to download any softphone to implement in Flex? If yes, how do you do it?

2. Lastly, there is a article that you posted - Flash-based Audio in Openfire part II. Where do I download the source code from the plugin? I do not know where is the plugin.

I would really feel honour if you can reply me. Thank you so much!

.We would like what are the requirements and software which are needed to build it. For example do we just need the red5 server and flex builder 3 to build it or do we need more software such as Java, Elicpse.

You only need Openfire, Red5 plugin and the open source Adobe Flex SDK You don’t need Red5 server. It is part of the red5 plugin.

Lastly, there is a article that you posted - Flash-based Audio in Openfire part II. Where do I download the source code from the plugin? I do not know where is the plugin.

From here. The source code is in the plugin. You have to install it to access the java files which are in the same place as the class files.Just do a search.

Hi,

Thanks for helping. I have installed those program as instructed.

However how do you install the flex sdk? Its is a winzip file. Must I extract the files and put in a folder?

Now, I having some doubts on the red5 phone.

1. Can I ask how do Flex connect to the softphone? Is it using the red5 softphone or the sip phone plugin in openfire?

2. How do the softphone connect to the openfire?

Thanks. (: