VOIP for Windows 2.5.8 and 2.6.0_beta2

I am trying to get VOIP to work on Windows Server 2008. We have OpenFire running as the XMPP server, this is running on a Linux PC, Spark is running on the Windows PCs.

Using Spark 2.5.8 the voice connection is made and operates once, but to make a follow on call I have to logout and then log back in. I have tried Spark 2.6.0 beta 2 but this fails to make any connections.

Has anybody experienced this problem and overcome it.

Cheer

Garry

You can always try with different clients. I have positive feedback from psi.

I’ve tried PSI but I can’t seem to get the VIOP to operate at all. I have also tried several other clients, they all work with simple text messages but don’t want to work with VOIP.

However Spark does work but only once, then I have to log out and back in again.

How did you get PSI to work?

Cheers Garry

How did you get PSI to work?

Nothing special. Regular install. I believe that you have to be able to connect from one client to another (have some ports accesible). You can try with 2 clients in same LAN; firewall off; and figure out witch ports are used. Or you can enable Media Proxy in server config

The media proxy enables clients to make rich media (including VoIP) connections to one another when peer to peer connections fail, such as when one or both clients are behind a strict firewall.
Cheers.

OK I’ve tried PSI, but all I get is an error “not authorised”, I’ve tired every combination that I can think of. I have several other clients and they all connect and allow text messaging so I know the server and the log on details are correct.