Want to use openfire as a webbased IM, video and VoIP client but what to use?

Hi all,

Why?

Ok so im using zimbra mail system which use primarily webbased. I found that i could install a zimlet in zimbra that let me make a tap in the gui that could point to a webpage… so i figured i would try and integrate a webbased chat, video and VoIP into zimbra that way … in other words trying to centralize the different features my users will ned into on webpage…

how

well first i figured i would use sparkweb for this but im seriously struggling with getting it to work over SSL… today i saw a new post here about another plugin one could use to get chat, video and VoIP over web… it was called chat or im something… i will get back to you on this… also it looks like webrtc does the same???..

anyways im confused as if im going the right way by using sparkweb and therefore my questions is

what would you recommend to use as a IM, Video and VoIP that is webbased? I would like something thats easy and simple to setup and which doesn’t need much from the user perspective…

THANKS FOR A GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Casper

can no one help? I is it because i haven’t made my self clear?

I’ve set up some additonal red5 service for my users. Besides Video/voip chats 1on1 or groups of 4 people you can youse a webbased stream/broadcast service. See for example http://www.jabber-server.de/red5/publisher/ (in german language).

I know there is some great webrtc and jitsi video bridging going on - see the amazing stuff done by @dele - http://community.igniterealtime.org/blogs/ignite/2013/11/28/jitsi-videobridge-wi th-openfire-and-webrtc

Im not well at speaking nor reading german even though i live in Denmark …

So would you say if the criteria to pick a platform for this is support webRTC is the best supported one?

THANKS

Casper

WebRTC is the future to go with. Talking about best practice using openfire xmpp server the red5 solution works out well. The WebRTC and Jingle support/plugin is still in beta.

You can use google translator :wink: Click here to get the translation.

Tanks Rene,

I will give it look when the time comes