War file deployment - where?

We need to deploy Openfire as a web application in an app server (Weblogic) From where can we download/build it?

Thanks!

Ravin

Hi Ravin,

There were a number of problems with deploying Openfire as a web application so that option is no longer available. It maybe possible to create a web version yourself but then you would running what would be essentially a custom version so support would be very limited.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hi Ryan

It maybe possible to create a web version yourself
Any hints on this?

Thanks!

Ravin

Not sure this is even possible. The openfire server is built around the embedded jetty server. There is no need for any separate web server like Weblogic, Apache, IIS, etc.

Hi Ravin,

I’d start off with checking out the source to Openfire and an old version of Wildfire and compare the differences to the ant build file, but after that you’re on your own. I know Openfire (Messenger) used to be able to be deployed as a war file so I’m sure given enough time you could get it to that point again but frankly I don’t think it’s worth the effort. Jive stopped stopped offering a war file version due to the various issues they were having but maybe you could find a way around them if you were only targeting a single app server like weblogic. If you have any success be sure to report back.

Good luck,

Ryan