.war?

Hi!

I have to play around with jwchat and wildfire. First of all, does anybody have a good howto for the whole Tomcat and Wildfire thing?

Second, I was looking for the .war file, but I could not find anything (neither 3.0.1 nor older versions).

Where can I find it?

bye

woifi

Hi,

there are some threads and a nice search function here. A .war file is no longer available for download but one can still download the source and compile it to get a current release.

Old DL: http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/wildfire_2_6_2.war

LG

Hi!

Of course I used the search function but there are some dead links unfortunately…

Well I have no experience with tomcat or compiling war files - could you give me information how to do that?

tia

woifi

btw: Do I need the .war file for using wildfire with tomcat or is there another way?

btw2: found http://www.jivesoftware.org/builds/wildfire/docs/latest/documentation/source-bui ld.html - I’'ll try this

New infos:

So, I followed the instructions in your documentation, but I am not able to get out one .war file. I would really appreciate if you could give me some hints!

Message was edited by: woifi

woifi,

We highly recommend deploying Wildfire 3.0 as a standalone application, Unfortunately, the WAR deployment option doesn’'t work well enough for it to be supported for now.

Regards,

Matt

well, but is there any other chance to use jwchat?

ps: ‘‘ant war’’ makes a nice war file

woifi wrote:

well, but is there any other chance to use jwchat?

jwchat will work fine. It doesn’'t care how Wildfire is deployed, as it talks to the ‘‘results’’, not the location.

ps: ‘‘ant war’’ makes a nice war file

See my response to your other thread. If you want the plugins to work properly, you won’‘t go this route. Believe me, I was building war’'s for a while but its just diminishing returns at this point.

Jwchat will indeed work fine and connect via xmpp to Wildfire, no matter whether Wildfire is deployed like jwchat.war but two running java instances take some more memory than just one.

Hmm, I thought I have to use wildfire as a .war file with tomcat to get jwchat running?

Is it possible to install wildfire the normal way and to use jwchat with tomcat? Will this work?

Hi,

Is it possible to install wildfire the normal way and to use jwchat with tomcat? Will this work?

Yes it will work. JWchat.war creates an xmpp connection to Wildfire, as you may have seen on jwchat.org one can select also remote servers, also to jabberd2 based xmpp servers.

LG