Warn conference room registered users of new message

Hello,

First of all, I would like to thank all the dev team for this wonderful piece of software.

We are using Openfire server along with Spark to communicate internally in the company.
Currently, we have 3 conference rooms with distinct people in them. For example, I have person 1 in conference room 1, but not in 2. Person 2 in conference room number 2 and 3. These are just examples.
We know that these people only receive messages when they are actually in the room, but I would like to know if is there a way to send a message to everyone that is registered to that room to make them receive a notification that there is a new message in their conference room, when they are not there.
I don’t know if this is already possible or not, but I would really like to know how can we achieve this.
Thankyou.

Kind regards,
Pedro

There is currently no such option. New group chat standard called “MIX” should have this, but for years i only hear talking about maybe supporting it in some distant future in Openfire. I think some rudimentary support maybe is already in. Then also a client must support it. I don’t know if there will be anybody to add this to Spark. It only receives limited attention from occasional contributors.