What features would you like to see in Spark?

Did you ever take a look at the Red5 plugin?

not yet. im not aware that a video streaming plugin exist in openfire. thanks for the info mate. i’ll check it out

I’d like to see the ability to set font attributes (font face, size, colour) and text attributes (italic, bold, etc.) on selected text within a message - just like we can here

I have found some code (getMarkup) in ChatArea.java which specifically looks in the input area for marked-up text, suggesting that the input text could be formatted (or at least the intention was there), but this code isn’t called from anywhere at all (dead code).

Did this feature get dropped early on in development?

radders wrote:

Did this feature get dropped early on in development?

There is noone here to answer this. Original developer has left this project long time ago. As about your request, i think it is already filed somewhere in the bug tracker (Rich Text Format support or HTML suport or like that).

I can see an issue requesting HTML rendering to allow a CSS to be use to

format the chat area, but that isn’t the same as I requested.

Radders

This communication together with any attachments transmitted with it (“this E-Mail”) is intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain information which is privileged and confidential. If the reader of this E-Mail is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this E-Mail is strictly prohibited. Addressees should check this E-mail for viruses. The Company makes no representations as regards the absence of viruses in this E-Mail. If you have received this E-Mail in error please notify our IT Support Team immediately by telephone on 0845 456 9100 or via e-mail at abuse@opaltelecom.co.uk Please then immediately delete, erase or otherwise destroy this E-Mail and any copies of it.

Any opinions expressed in this E-Mail are those of the author and do not necessarily constitute the views of the Company. Nothing in this E-Mail shall bind the Company in any contract or obligation.

For the purposes of this E-Mail “the Company” means Opal Telecom Limited and/or any of its holding companies and subsidiaries.

Please feel free to visit our website: www.opaltelecom.co.uk

Opal Telecom Limited (Registered in England & Wales No. 3849133) Stanford House, Garrett Field, Birchwood, Warrington WA3 7BH. VAT No. 744 0320 68

A member of the TalkTalk Telecom Group of companies

we are a marketing company. we want to broadcast our sales performance to our representatives periodically. i can do it by “broadcast a notification as alert” options but it goes out from desktop after a while. so i think a notification that appears clients desktop as long as admin wants could be very useful.

thanks

alper kanar

Portuguese language please!!!

Diablos wrote:

Portuguese language please!!!

Portuguese-brazil is in there already. If you need other translations, then you should make it and propose in the forums and then it will be added for the future version (if it ever be released).

alperkanar wrote:

we are a marketing company. we want to broadcast our sales performance to our representatives periodically. i can do it by “broadcast a notification as alert” options but it goes out from desktop after a while. so i think a notification that appears clients desktop as long as admin wants could be very useful.

This would involve modifications on the server-side too. I suggest, if you have spare programmers, to make such changes yourself and build your own versions of Spark and Openfire, because you will probably never see such features implemented in the official versions. Not just because it is not widely needed, but because there are no developers to do that here.

On a side note

I think i’m gonna ask moderator to close that thread as it doesnt serve its purpose (and actually never did). Users posting here probably think that their requests will be accepted and maybe implemented someday. But there are no developers to do this at the moment. This thread became very cluttered and i think it is better for everyone to post their requests in separate threads (this also helps with tracking and replying).