What is required and what is recommended?

Hi,

I’‘m going to install Wildfire, probably latest version. I would like a Jabberserver with access for MSN. And it’'s only for me.

But I’'m not sure which hardwareconfiguration I should choose.

What is minimum requirement and what is recommended? I’‘m going to use Ubuntu Dapper drake serverinstall without X-server. I’'m going to remote the installation and using the webbased interface for the Wildfiresetup.

Thanks in advance.

Anything

Anything wrote:

I’‘m going to install Wildfire, probably latest version. I would like a Jabberserver with access for MSN. And it’'s only for me.

What do you mean only for you?

So you need to install Wildfire, configure it, install Gateway plugin (still beta, but it works mostly fine).

http://www.jivesoftware.org/wildfire/plugins-beta.jsp

and configure it, login to server and register with Gateway with your MSN credentials.

But I’'m not sure which hardwareconfiguration I should choose.

What will be your userbase? Number of users, concurrent users? Maybe some points about presumable load? You will need RAM mostly.

I’‘m going to use Ubuntu Dapper drake serverinstall without X-server. I’'m going to remote the installation and using the webbased interface for the Wildfiresetup.

Linux (and only cmd) will let you to use cheaper/weaker hardware to achieve your goals. So, probably you’'d want to use SSH (and maybe mc for file management, etc.) for remote administrating of linux server. And you should be able to connect and administrate Wildfire through your browser just fine.