Where to submit patches?

I have two patches for the asterisk-IM project that I would like to submit, but I don’'t know where to send them.

1. The first patch adds a new configuration option to the management console called “Firstleg Timeout”. Currently when a user attempts to call another user using asterisk IM the call is placed by first connecting to the first user (the caller), this connection will time out after 5 seconds due to a hard coded value in the code. This patch allows the openfire administrator to configure the time for that timeout.

2. When right clicking on a user in the roster, you should only be given the option to call them if they are configured in your openfire server as a user in the Phone Mappings screen. The check for that username is only performed using name, not jid, therefore if you have two different buddies using a jabber service, using a federated server, (ie you are running a server and your users can add buddies from someplace else like gtalk) than you could potentially call the wrong user. For example, you are running domain testdomain.com so all of your users are user@testdomain.com, and you federate your server so that your users can talk to other xmpp users. If you have jane@testdomain.com and jane@gmail.com in your roster, right clicking on jane@gmail.com will try to call jane@testdomain.com (assuming you set jane up in your Phone Mappings). The patch I have uses the jid and domain to make sure that you only get the ‘‘call’’ option if the person you are trying to call is logged into the same service as you. ie jane@testdomain.com will have a call option, but jane@gmail.com will not.

Thanks,

Marc

Hey Marc,

great that you digged into the code to provide these two enhancements.

I just took the lead on Asterisk-IM a few weeks ago so I am not yet familiar with the “official” processes - I will however find out and be back with you soon.

Thanks,

Stefan

Thank you.

i’'ve sent you a private message with my email address, so you can just send it by email.

Depending on the size of the patch you might have to sign a contributor’'s agreement to allow us to integrate it.

=Stefan