Why am I being asked setup info in the GUi again?

I set up and started running openfire 3.6.4 on a solaris 10 system seeveral months ago. Everything went smoothly and it workes a treat. Its using an internal DB FTR.

Our admin ops types have used the gui interface on port 9090 happily since adding new users - its a small deployment maybe about 100 users.

A few weeks ago the server got rebooted, openfire came back up as expected (startup script) and we have carried on happily.

Now the adin ops have come to me to say they have just tried to add a new user but when they load the admin GUI - same URL as before - they now get the “setup” page!

ie language - server - database - profile and admin setup selections.

the correct information appears to be on each page as if it already knows what the answers should bge (or of course the default matched what I created!) - except for the adminaccount page which if I select it errors

(see bottom)

Now - I could just step through each opage from the start using “continue” on each page… but i am concerned it will blow away all the accounts setup and histories existing etc!

So, has anuyone any idea if tghis is normal, and what will happen if I just tell it “continue” on each page until 9hopefully) it clears and we get back to the expected admin page?

cheers

didds

HTTP ERROR: 500

INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR

RequestURI=/setup/setup-admin-settings.jsp

Caused by:

java.lang.NullPointerException     at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.setup.setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp._jspService(setup_002dadmin_002dsettings_jsp.java:99)     at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1093)     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:118)     at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)     at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:66)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)     at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingFilter.java:42)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)     at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:70)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)     at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:146)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1084)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)     at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)     at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)     at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:206)     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)     at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)     at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:829)     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)     at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)     at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)     at org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:488)