Why can I only connect to Openfire with Spark?

Hi,

This is my first post, and I have searched high and low but been unable to find the answer, hope this is not a duplicate of another question. Here is the scenario:

I have installed Openfire 3.6.4 on a Windows 2003 system. Everythign was running just fine, and our small group was using Spark as well as other clients to chat. However, we then had to move to another server, and this is where the problem came up.

On this new Windows 2003 server, we can only connect with Spark. I then added the plugin to control client logins, and, by default, allow all XMPP clients is selected, but still, we can only connect wtih Spark. Have tried PSI, Pandion, and some others (even our own little client we made and were using on the previous server) but no luck. We always get an error saying something along the lines of not being able to be authenticated.

We have also uninstalled and reinstalled Openfire and accepted default settings (using internal DB) but still no luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Hi All,

I just figured out the reason. And, although there were no replies to my post, in the hope that someone else might be helped by this answer, the reason that only Spark could login is that we were using the embedded database. Switching to SQL cured the problem (and the previous installation we had used SQL also, so this was the only thing different).

Take care,

Michael