Why does my status show me as being Away when I haven't been away from my computer?

Hi,

Every once in awhile, I glance at the Spark icon in my tool tray. It shows clock hands, and then my status shows me as being Away instead of being Online. This happens even while I’ve been at my PC and typing continuously. Where can I fix settings to prevent my status from timing out like this? I work from home sometimes, and it erroneously makes it look like I’m gone from my PC for extended periods when I’m present. Thanks.

Just to see if we can tack down the issue. Next time it happens… try wiggling your mouse? Does it wake it back up, or do you stay in “away mode” ?

If I wiggle my mouse over the Spark icon in the status tray, it will wake up again and show me as being online. However, it is sort of annoying that it ever shows me as being away when I’ve been working on my laptop continously.

I think this was fixed at some point (going away while typing but not moving your mouse), at least in the latest vuilds. You can try one here http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/browse/SPARK-INSTALL4J-595/artifact/JOB1/Instal l4j/

You can also set longer auto away time limit, so you would have more time to move your mouse. I usually set it to 10. Default is 5, and oit is rather short time.

Thanks, wroot. This was helpful.