Wildfire 3.1.0 Beta Released

Today we have reached an important milestone in the roadmap. Wildfire 3.1.0 Beta has been released. The beta version includes a big number of fixes and improvements and a small number of new features. LDAP configuration from the admin console and native installers are not available right now but will get in time for the final release.

Download the beta from here. The complete set of changes can be found here.

Enjoy,

Wildfire Team

No built-in gateways?

Hi,

there are still ~20 open issues for 3.1.0, gateway support are some of them.

LG

http://www.jivesoftware.org/issues/browse/JM?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.sy stem.project:roadmap-panel

Download the beta from here. The complete set of changes can be found here.

Created ad-hoc commands for managing groups.

w00t! How would one access and utilize these commands? XMPP to the server?

Hi Gato,

JM-817 causes trouble for me. I may enter a password “foo” and save it. If I come back to the Email Settings page to change the Mail server (this happens nearly every week) and press save then the password “foo” will be overwritten with the hash which is now stored there.

/connection-managers-settings.jsp displays still the unencoded password, so there’'s no problem except that one with access to the web console can view it without problems.

LG

atlauren wrote:

That’'s JEP-0050: Ad-Hoc Commands.

chuckle The built in gateways plugin is actually a separate project, but my goal -is- to release a beta alongside wildfire 3.1.0. 3.1.0 has some modifications that make the gateways work quite smoothly. I haven’‘t been putting out alphas of it because well, it requires an updated server nowadays, so I figured I’'d just wait for the 3.1.0 release. =)

The IM Gateway plugin has a separate issue tracker now but the issues you see with wildfire itself are basically a “get a first release out” =) I’‘d also like to release the first version in a “beta” area, but we’'ll see. =)

what about integration with existing dababase(mysql)?

anlumo wrote:
atlauren wrote:

That’'s JEP-0050: Ad-Hoc Commands.

I have used the discovery message as specified in JEP-0050, as such:

and nothing else. I am thus still confused - will there be any documentation on the command set?

Message was edited by: Mother (again)

Hey Mother,

Commands that are allowed for that user to be executed are returned. Make sure that you are using an admin account to get the full list of ad-hoc commands.

Regards,

– Gato

dombiak_gaston wrote:

Commands that are allowed for that user to be executed are returned. Make sure that you are using an admin account to get the full list of ad-hoc commands.

Aaah…this is where I get that sinking feeling! You are right, and you mentioned this in a previous thread about the group management feature.

Thanks so much!

Mike

What do you mean? The plugin does indeed make use of your existing DB. (it uses Wildfire’‘s internals for database storage and such) However, if you are referring to integration with PyICQt’'s dbs and such, then no, there is no planned support for that.