Wildfire 3.1.1 no war target

there is no more war target in build.xml

do we need to report the war target from the previous version ?

Hi Eric,

Jivesoftware does not support the war build since a few releases and it seems that they did update the build.xml file now. So it’'s not tested and may cause trouble, especially when used with plugins. I did never see any trouble with the .war version when I was using it.

I did stop using the .war file as it has no advantage for me. Especially for a large user base you may be glad not to have the application server overhead as it does not really help to manage Wildfire (no JNDI, JMX or database connection pool (Wildfire uses it’'s own connection pool but not the one which is offered by Tomcat / Bea) support).

LG

it2000 wrote:

I did never see any trouble with the .war version when I was using it.

I did, plugins didn’'t load right.

I did stop using the .war file as it has no advantage for me.

It has the advantage of being able to integrate the administration interface into the general webserver structure, and not having to rely on yet another server accessible from other hosts (every listener is a potential security threat).

I solved this problem by using apache as a proxy to the actual administration interface, but it’'s a bit of a hack.

anlumo,

Actually, using Apache as a proxy isn’‘t that bad of a hack. It’'s simple and gives you a lot of security options.

Regards,

Matt