Wildfire 3.2.0 RC 2 has been released

Hi

with the new version I am having problems with users logining in using psi and kopete clients. They are using the same settings as they had before, any ideas?

This is what I see in the warn.log

2007.02.06 14:43:10 User tried to authenticate with this server using an unknown receipient:

Message was edited by: david.baggaley

Hey triiix,

We fixed 2 important issues since RC 2 that are related to what you are reporting. Could you give the nightly build a try and let us know how it went?

Thanks,

– Gato

I’‘ve been testing the enterprise version and can’'t seem to figure what the url would be for the webchat module. Is that not released yet?

I’'m also not sure how to deploy sparkweb.

The SparkWeb plugin is now downloadable as it’'s own plugin. It will be distributed as its own plugin during the beta process and then official rolled into Enterprise. Grab it on the beta plugins download page:

http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/wildfire/plugins-beta.jsp

Regards,

Matt

Dear Gato,

sorry - i was a bit busy during the last days.

I just saw that the final 3.2.0 is out. i’'ll give it a try

really nice, that you fixed the issues so fast.

i’‘ll test it during the next days and if i find more i’'ll report them.

best regards & thank your for this product!

Finally figure it out.

My server is actually named rnd.example.com but the old version of wildfire was accessed via the uri jabber.example.com. When I updated wildfire it altered the setting ‘’ xmpp.domain’’ to the hostname of rnd.example.com. A quick change back and now all the jabber clients can connect again.

Oh, it seems that something was broken because of that 2x@ after all.

As i said i have tried to add 2x@ contacts in Psi 0.10 Today i have tried to login with Spark with the same Psi user. It has authenticated, but no roster was shown. Then i have logged in with Psi with the same user. They both stayed online with no roster (in Psi it was showing all contacts offline, though some was online). Other online users dont see them. Users page in Admin Console shows this user as offline. But sessions page shows them both as Online! With the same username and priority! That’'s weird. Always kick is set in Resource Policy. I think this is related to 2x@ stuff. Then i launch Psi i always see that contact with 2 @ in it. I login and remove it, but after launching Psi again i see him back with authorisation error. And i see it mentioned in error.log of server. I will try to delete that accoount in Psi and create it again, if it doesnt help i will recreate that user in Admin Console. But it really brokes something on the server part. Wildfire 3.2.0 - Spark 2.5 Beta 2 - Psi 0.10

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNAException: Contains non-LDH characters.

at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:106)

at org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNA.toASCII(IDNA.java:53)

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:355)

… 23 more

2007.02.11 13:35:42 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdate Handler.java:140)

] Internal server error. Triggered by packet:

(Roster.java:95)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.RosterManager.getRoster(RosterManager.java:94)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.broadcastUpdate(Presenc eUpdateHandler.java:255)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:100)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:88)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.handler.PresenceUpdateHandler.process(PresenceUpdateH andler.java:151)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.handle(PresenceRouter.java:123)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.PresenceRouter.route(PresenceRouter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.processPresence(StanzaHandler.java: 300)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processPresence(ClientStanzaH andler.java:85)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:225)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:147)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:126)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:186)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :250)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.jivesoftware.stringprep.IDNAException: Contains non-LDH characters.

… 30 more

Deleting of account in Psi didnt help. It connects, but there is no roster. and it still showing as offline in users page, and as online in sessions page.

When trying to delete that user in Admin Console i get

Exception:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal JID: some@user@wroot

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.init(JID.java:384)

at org.xmpp.packet.JID.(JID.java:219)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.RosterItemProvider.getItems(RosterItemProvider .java:277)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.Roster.(Roster.java:95)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.RosterManager.getRoster(RosterManager.java:94)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.roster.RosterManager.deleteRoster(RosterManager.java: 116)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.admin.user_002ddelete_jsp._jspService(user_002ddelete _jsp.java:94)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1074)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1065)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:365)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:185)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:689)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:391)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:146)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:285)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:457)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:751)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:500)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:209)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:357)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:329)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:475)

… 37 more

But it deletes this user. Recreating of user didnt solved the problem. And one more thing. After i create this user again it automaticly is showing up in all groups i have assigned it before. So it’'s not deleted correctly i think.