Wildfire 3.2.0 Release Candidate has been released

We are pleased to announce the release of Wildfire 3.2.0 RC. The beta process has been working quite well so we are now formally releasing the Release Candidate version. The new release includes many bug fixes reported in this forums and things we found during our internal tests. Detailed information can be found in the change log. Feedback can be posted in this forum.

You can download the new version from the following links:

Mac OS: wildfire_3_2_0_rc.dmg

Windows (with JRE): wildfire_3_2_0_rc.exe

Linux (with JRE): wildfire_3_2_0_rc.rpm

Linux (without JRE): wildfire_3_2_0_rc.tar.gz

Cross Platform (without JRE): wildfire_3_2_0_rc.zip

Source code:

wildfire_src_3_2_0_rc.zip

wildfire_src_3_2_0_rc.tar.gz

Documentation can be found here.

I will later update this thread with the latest version of the asterisk plugin and the new beta version of Wildfire Enterprise 3.2.0 beta.

Enjoy,

Wildfire Team

Just tried the new RC, and XIFF 2.0.x clients still seem unable to connect. Any word on this? I’'d greatly appreciate any information.

Trying to connect from GAIM.

Was able to connect after initial upgrade, everything seemed to be fine.

Now I’'m unable to connect and the error log contains this:

2007.01.25 21:50:42 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.exceptionCaught(ConnectionHandle r.java:103)

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int erceptorManager.java:227)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:84)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.processIQ(StanzaHandler.java:295)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.ClientStanzaHandler.processIQ(ClientStanzaHandler .java:75)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:260)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.net.StanzaHandler.process(StanzaHandler.java:159)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.nio.ConnectionHandler.messageReceived(ConnectionHandl er.java:124)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived (AbstractIoFilterChain.java:703)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.support.SimpleProtocolDecoderOutput.flush(SimplePr otocolDecoderOutput.java:62)

at org.apache.mina.filter.codec.ProtocolCodecFilter.messageReceived(ProtocolCodecF ilter.java:186)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(Ab stractIoFilterChain.java:362)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain.access$1100(AbstractIoFilt erChain.java:54)

at org.apache.mina.common.support.AbstractIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceive d(AbstractIoFilterChain.java:800)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter.processEvent(ExecutorFilter.java :250)

at org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter$ProcessEventsRunnable.run(Execut orFilter.java:305)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java: 650)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

After I stopped & restarted the server, I’'m able to connect again.

Any thoughts?

Also, I’'m seeing a bunch of these errors in the log …

2007.01.25 22:08:13 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audito rImpl.java:332) Internal server error

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.ensureMaxDays(AuditorImpl.java: 245)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl.access$100(AuditorImpl.java:30)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.audit.spi.AuditorImpl$SaveQueuedPacketsTask.run(Audit orImpl.java:327)

at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)

at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

As mentioned before, these are the components that need to be updated:

asterisk-im.jar (attached in message)

contentFilter.jar (attached in message)

subscription.jar (attached in message)

As of Wildfire 3.2.0 a new statistic plugin is available:

statistic.jar (attached in message)

Finally, Wildfire Enterprise 3.2.0 Beta is also available. Installs using a previous version of this plugin must update it to the beta version when using Wildfire 3.2.0.

Wildfire Enterprise 3.2.0 Beta.zip

Wildfire Enterprise 3.2.0 Beta.tar.gz

Enjoy,

Wildfire Team

Hey BenV,

I didn’'t have time to check this issue. I will try to check it tomorrow and possibly fix it for the next nightly build.

Thanks,

– Gato

Hey David,

The java.lang.AbstractMethodError in InterceptorManager indicates that you are using a plugin that is not compatible with Wildfire 3.2.0. Try updating existing plugins with the versions that we provided in this thread. If you are still having this error then try removing all plugins, restart the server and then add one plugin at a time to identify the old plugin. FYI, I think that iBall plugin is not compatible and it is no longer being maintained. However, if you have access to the plugin source code the changes that you should do are really simple.

Regards,

– Gato

Hey David,

A few things to check out: 1) Does the audit folder exist? 2) Has the user running Wildfire enough privileges on the audit folder?. Do you see any other error in the log files that could be related to this problem?

Thanks,

– Gato

Can’'t see any other errors related (other than what I posted).

I don’‘t have the auditor enabled, so I wouldn’'t expect the errors.

The (disabled) auditor was set to use directory /opt/wildfire/logs … but I have wildfire installed in /usr/local/wildfire … so I changed the auditor module to use /usr/local/wildfire/logs instead.

I’'ll see if that fixes anything.

david

I’'ve updated the subscription plugin, which is the only one I have enabled (of the 4).

I’'ll let you know how it goes.

david

Just an FYI that I had 3.1.1 running fine since release. I use the embedded db. I have multiple groups and the people I have are often in multiple groups. I updated to the RC this morn at 6:30am.

When people started coming in, I saw a few people as per normal.

Then it got later and noticed it was odd but wasn’‘t seeing my programmers group of which i am part of. One user reported she couldn’'t see anyone online. The AC shows all my people are connected.

Second thing. I tried to disconnect her from AC and it just hung.

Third. I tried to send a message to all and it hung. Of course, she was still in the wait state trying to disconnect her and maybe that was it.

Not sure what this is all about and maybe things changed.

I will go look at any dump I may find.

I will also have to look at what plugins are currently valid for 3.2.x.

Attached you will find the latest version of Connection Managers 3.2.0 RC.

Regards,

– Gato

Updating the plugin’'s did the trick.

Thanks!

Hi everybody!

I’'m using Wildfire 3.2.0 RC with CentOS 4.4.

I had install Wildfire Enterprise, Spark Fastpath and Spark Fastpath WebChat, but it’'s not appear in Admin console.

And when I click Gateways/Settings or Gateways/Registrations, it’'s appear blank page.

My java is:

java version “1.6.0”

Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b105)

Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.6.0-b105, mixed mode, sharing)

Any solution yet?

Thanks in advance

My error log file:

2007.01.29 03:51:58 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 466) Error loading plugin

java.lang.AbstractMethodError

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.interceptor.InterceptorManager.invokeInterceptors(Int erceptorManager.java:227)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.IQRouter.route(IQRouter.java:84)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:67)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.spi.PacketRouterImpl.route(PacketRouterImpl.java:59)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager.sendPacket(Interna lComponentManager.java:186)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager.checkDiscoSupport( InternalComponentManager.java:411)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.component.InternalComponentManager.addComponent(Inter nalComponentManager.java:131)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.plugin.SearchPlugin.initializePlugin(SearchPlugin.jav a:114)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :404)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:920)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2007.01.29 03:51:58 org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java: 466) Error loading plugin

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.AdminConsolePlugin.getJettyServer()Lorg/mor tbay/jetty/Server;

at com.jivesoftware.liveassistant.WebClientPlugin.initializePlugin(WebClientPlugin .java:58)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :404)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager.access$200(PluginManager.java :46)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:920)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRunAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$101 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.runPeriodi c(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Hi,

I’‘d like to test it, but haven’'t found any documentation about the upgrade procedure from a 3.1 install. Has the database to be updated? I found some scripts in wildfire/resources/database/upgrade/ but I saw that tables were dropped and recreated (eg wildfire/resources/database/upgrade/1/wildfire_hsqldb.sql) which means at least some data would be lost.

Is there a way to upgrade without losing data? I guess yes, but where can I find the documentation?

Thanks

Raph

Hi.

The AbstractMethodError means that you are using an old plugin. Wildfire Enterprise 3.1.* or older is not compatible with Wildfire 3.2. In this thread you will find the new versions of Enterprise compatible with Wildfire 3.2.

The upgrade guide can be found in the wiki. FYI, current RC of Wildfire required webchat.war to be executed in its own webapp. We already fixed the problem that was preventing it to be executed inside of Wildfire. Moreover, fastpath.jar is no longer needed since Fastpath is now included into Enterprise. More about this can be found in the migration guide.

Regards,

– Gato