Wildfire 3.2.2 connectivity issues?

Hi,

I downloaded Wildfire 3.2.2 for Windows today and got it installed no problem. It’'s using the embedded DB and nothing fancy anywhere else. We just wanted a bare bones server setup to try out.

The problem is that while users can connect to the server, no one can see anyone else on the server. The admin interface shows everyone on the server, but the error log is massive.

Here’‘s what it’'s showing:

2007.03.05 11:31:23 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:87)

] Line=19 The content of element type “dwr” must match “(init?,allow?,signatures?)”.

2007.03.05 11:31:24 [org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession( OutgoingServerSession.java:258)

] Error trying to connect to remote server: jen(DNS lookup: jen:5269)

java.net.UnknownHostException: jen

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(O utgoingServerSession.java:253)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.session.OutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(Outg oingServerSession.java:142)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:199)

at org.jivesoftware.wildfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:184)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

did you use “jen” as xmpp.domain / server name? It seems like this, so your users have JID’'s like “user@jen/home” while the server itself is not able to resolve “jen” - so it tries to establish a s2s-connection which fails.

It may help if your server could resolve “jen”, adding this to /etc/hosts and restart Wildfire could help a lot.

LG

The server name is ws02, and people can connect to that fine. Jen is the name of my user. That error occurred when someone tried to IM me. (They couldn’'t see me online, but both of us were)

What happens is the server starts, no problems. I can create users, no problems. Users can connect to the server, no problems. Using the admin interface I can see the users are connected to the server. However, none of the users connected to the server can see anyone else online on the server, nor message anyone. So the problem isn’'t connecting to the server, but connecting users with each other on the server.

And I can’‘t add anything to the hosts file, I’'m running this on a Windows box, unfortunately.

Thanks again,

Jen

Actually, there is a hosts file in windows as well, although the NEW windows admins out there might think it too old school to use it.

So what happens if a user attempts to add another user onthe server Joe @ws2.com adds jane@ws2.com?

Jeff

Message was edited by: jeff_garner

I have no idea? I thought the admin was the only one who could create users via the web interface? The documentation I found didn’'t really explain things well.

How can users create other users? Have I just created users incorrectly? I just used the ‘‘Users/Groups’’ tab in the Admin console to create new users.

And I know nothing at all basically about Windows networking, so if it is a networking issue …

I figured out what was wrong. I was 1) registering users incorrectly in the admin panel and 2) registering users in the admin panel. I let them register themselves and everything seems to have sorted itself out.

Thank you for the suggestions, it was enough to point me in the right direction. For those completely clueless newbies out there, it may be good to put a clearly defined FAQ up with exactly how to register users, or let them register themselves.

Thanks again,

Jen